ThinkGeo.com    |     Documentation    |     Premium Support

ShapeFile Display Issues

I am having a problem displaying a partilcular shape file in any version of map suite. I believe this is a projection issue, but can't seem to find a good reference from you guys that explains how to deal with all different types of projections.  I have been trying to have this shapefile display over google map or  to just have it display on it's own loading from the client resources.  Both ways I do not get any error messages it just does not show up.

The shape files loads fine in Map Suite Explorer, and that is what I used to create the index files.

The DATUM for this shape files is D_North_American_1983_CSRS98.

Please let me know what I need to do to handle this type of shape file.  Also, If you can provide me any ideas on how to troubleshoot these kind of projection issues on my own that would be helpful.

The Zip file is too big to upload here, it is 7MB.  Please give me an email address and I will send you a link to download it.

Hi Kevin,

To use the MapSuite projection, you need to know the EPSG code or the parameter string (which could be like “+proj=longlat+ellps=WGS84+datum=WGS84+no_defs”) of the specific projection of your shape file. Another thing is that you should figure out which MapUnit the projection is, and then set it to the Map control. You could take a look at the code in the HowDoISamples/Projection/UsingGoogle900913projection sample.

About the shape file, it will be helpful if you send it to support@thinkgeo.com and ask him to forward to Howard or Sun.
Any more questions please let us know,
Thanks,
Sun

Here is the details from the .prg file.

PROJCS["NAD_1983_CSRS98_UTM_Zone_13N",GEOGCS["GCS_North_American_1983_CSRS98",DATUM["D_North_American_1983_CSRS98",SPHEROID["GRS_1980",6378137.0,298.257222101]],PRIMEM["Greenwich",0.0],UNIT["Degree",0.0174532925199433]],PROJECTION["Transverse_Mercator"],PARAMETER["False_Easting",500000.0],PARAMETER["False_Northing",0.0],PARAMETER["Central_Meridian",-105.0],PARAMETER["Scale_Factor",0.9996],PARAMETER["Latitude_Of_Origin",0.0],UNIT["Meter",1.0]]

Can you explain to me from this how I would find the EPSG Code?

Kevin, 

The EPSG code seems to 2151 and the map unit is meter. Could you please try to set this in your code? And this also depends on your shape file, if the data in the shape file is projected, then you don’t need to set the projection any more, just set the correct map unit (in your case it is meter) for the map control. It is better to send us your shape file so that we can look into it and give you some more suggestion. 

Any more questions please let me know, 

Thanks, 

Sun