ThinkGeo.com    |     Documentation    |     Premium Support

ShapeFile Generation and Map Suite Upgrade Question

Hello,

I have encountered a somewhat odd issue with shapefile generation and upgrading Map Suite versions deployed to a server. We have used Map Suite to generate one of the shapefiles containing the information for one of our layers. We just upgraded to Map Suite 9, and after resolving several other issues with ThinkGeo’s assistance I found that the map was failing to load. Looking at the error in the JavaScript console it was because the map was not being generated. Further investigation into why the map was not being created properly showed that it was related to the data from this generated shapefile. There apparently was a missing “}” in the data. Thinking back to when we upgraded from version 7 to 8 we encountered the same (or at least a very similar issue). I regenerated the shapefile from the same data set, and according to our version control software the only difference was in the .dbf file. After replacing the file, I found the map was working.

Is there some difference in the shapefile generation process between the major yearly releases of Map Suite that would cause this behavior?

Hi Michael,

Are you using the 7.0.0.0, 8.0.0.0 and 9.0.0.0 or some development version? I think we don’t have big change for the shapefile generate process because that’s stable part. But maybe some small version have problem which introduced by some enhancement, but it’s should only in some special version, if you found the latest version still have this problem please let us know.

Regards,

Don

Sorry, I forgot about this thread as I have been very busy the last few weeks.

Thanks for the information. I believe we have been using the production versions, but builds released after the initial release. Right now we are using the daily production build 9.0.0.296.

Hi Michael,

So if you have any further question please feel free to let us know.

Regards,

Don