If I try to open an existing Shapefile with - layer.RequireIndex = false - (currently exported from Arcgis, without any IndexFiles (ids, idx) I got an error after Map.Refresh "The input double value is out of range, Parametername maxX".
If I create these Indexfiles and set layer.RequireIndex = true, there are no errors.
So my question: Is this now not possible to open Shapefiles without Indexfiles? If so, this is really bad. Often our customers have not "write access" to the gis-folders.
ShapeFileFeatureLayer layer = new ShapeFileFeatureLayer(@"d:\kram_linie.shp");false;ApplyUntilZoomLevel.Level20;try
Map Suite can load shapefiles that do not have IndexFiles. A simple test of this would be to delete the .ids and .idx files from the Countries02.shp that is included with the sample applications and set up your code to not require an index.
As your shapefile does not contain a .prj file I was not able to determine the correct MapUnit that should be used and believe this might be the issue. I was able to load it into Map Suite Explorer and it would seem that perhaps you are using something smaller than feet or meters for your Unit System. Do you have a .prj file or the Projection information for this shapefile?
and in the UnmanagedAssembliesDeploymentGuide.txt located at 'C:\Program Files (x86)\ThinkGeo\Map Suite Desktop Evaluation Edition 6.0\Developer Reference\Desktop Edition' on your local system.
Based on this evidence you may want to revisit your shapefile to make sure it meets all the necessary validation tests.