I am having an issue trying to filter by a field that has a trailing underscore. This is fairly common in our scenario. The error generated is:
SELECT * FROM LOTS WHERE LOTS_ = '24'
OleDbException was unhandled: Syntax error in query expression '[LOTS]_='1''.
In the above scenario, LOTS_ is the name of the field. I tried to "escape" the underscore by using two _'s but this did not resolve the issue. What is recommended to work around?
I also tried the following query which did not error but did not return any results either. Other columns work as expected.
I tried the above SQL and was given the previous result encapsulated with brackets:
Syntax error in query expression '[[LOTS]_] = '2''.
Also, I can run a similar query by using Odbc as a connection method directly to a dbf which I imagine is something similar to what you do but with Ole. That query will return successful though.
I recreated this problem and that’s a bug. We will work on it and I think it will be corrected in the upcoming version. Thanks for pointing it out and sorry for the inconvenience now.