ThinkGeo.com    |     Documentation    |     Premium Support

Show Google Map with Wms Overlay

Hello ;

I just wanna show google map and wms overlay at the same time. But when last wms layer loaded ,it just hide google overlay and without using overlayswitcher, ican not see google map. Is there any way to show both of them on the map without using opacity property.By the way how should i set transparency property to my wmsoverlay ?? 

Thanks.. 

Onur

Hello onur, 

Thanks for your post, for first question, you can’t let Wms overlay and Google overlay work together, because they are both base overlay, there is only one base overlay can show in the map, that’s why we have the overlay switcher. 

But you can use WMS layer + Google Maps layer to fit this requirements, they can be added into a overlay then show together. 

For your second question, Wms overlay didn’t have that property to change the transparency, but you can use wms layer, it has transparency property. 

TiledWmsLayer w = new TiledWmsLayer(); 
                 w.Transparency = 1; 

Regards, 

Gary

Hello ; 

But you can use WMS layer + Google Maps layer to fit this requirements, they can be added into a overlay then show together.  

Could you please give me more explanation or some code snippets about this reply. Cause If I understand true, if I have different layer like building,cadastre,street , I have to use one wmsoverlay and add all these layer into it.But what if i just wanna show cadastre and building without showing street. Is there any solutions for this situation?? 

Onur

If you need to be able to turn building, cadastre, and street layer individually you would need to submit a different request to your WMS server to change what layers should be returned as part of the WMS tiles. WMS servers normally have a GetCapabilities call you can make to determine the differnet layers you can return.  

For the transparencey element we do have a property that can allow you to change the transparency of the entire tile that the WMS server provides. If you need more grandularity such as just having the buildings transparent and the roads opaque, you would need to have WMS server that supports a Transparency property and pass that in as part of your WMS request.