ThinkGeo.com    |     Documentation    |     Premium Support

Shp file does not match on top of Open Street Map

I’m not familiar with projection.
And i didn’t find “Documentation” folder under installation folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\ThinkGeo\Map Suite 9.0…)
The problem is that, There is an .shp file along with it’s .prj file which has this peace of text in it: PROJECTION["Transverse_Mercator"].
This .shp file should be shown on top of the openstreetmap.
And the following code do the projection:

map.MapUnit = GeographyUnit.Meter; ManagedProj4Projection utmToEpsg3857 = new ManagedProj4Projection(2059, 3857); utmToEpsg3857.Open(); cityLayer.FeatureSource.Projection = utmToEpsg3857;

But this shape layer (cityLayer) does not correctly match on top of the OpenStreetMap.
I also confirm that the mapunit is set to meter.

Am i missing something?

Hi Reza,

It looks the Transverse Mercator projection should be 9807 but not 2059, http://epsg.io/9807-method

Please double check that.

Regards,

Don

Actually i’m looking for this position on the map. and have no clue what is what. :confused: :blush:

Hi Reza,

The problem is, what’s the projection for point (582865.200436, 3541848.067073), are you sure this point is under projection 2059?

If that’s under 2059, you can convert it into 3857 as (5774970.36, 3764370.77), if that’s in fact a 3857 point, you don’t need convert it and can direct use it.

If you give incorrect projection, you cannot find the correct position.

In our map, you can use CenterAt API to see where is the point.

If you have more detail description about your requirement here please let us know.

Regards,

Don

Thanks for the heads up.
I used this answer and mixed it up with yours…
The actual projection was WGS 84 / UTM zone 39N = 32639.
It looks much better now, But it still needs some correction (like rotation in some where but not every where).
As where as i don’t trust the original ‘shp’ file for 100%, then i cannot say if it is the programmer’s fault or GIS_MAN’s fault or even OpenMapStreet did not update these regions etc…

for now that’s enough for us.
Thank you very very much for helping.

Just for curiosity, Is there a way to both rotate and reproject a shape file?

Hi Reza,

In fact if you know how to modify the parameter in projection string, the rotation can be implemented also by the projection. I don’t understand the projection string very well, so I just know it can but don’t know how to do that.

Regards,

Don