ThinkGeo.com    |     Documentation    |     Premium Support

Silent install deployment

Hi,

I am setting up an installer and we need to distribute it as one installer for simplicity.

How can this be done?

Do I need to bootstrap the Silverlight Prep Tool installer? If so, what parameters do I feed into it to it to change the production/development version?

Cheers,

Mick

Hi Michael,
The “Silverlight Prep Tool Installer” is just used for production version, in other words, the “Development” version shouldn’t have the “Prep tool installer”.  Can you let us know your installer is for what kind of application, Web project or ClassLibrary?  How do you want your customer use it? And then we can provide more ideas.
Thanks,
Johnny

Hi Johnny, 

We require a single installer for our web application. Our customers shouldn’t really need to know about the 3rd party components we are using in the solution. Our installer is built using the Web Installer project in Visual Studio. So if there is some sort of Class Library or Merge Module or even command line parameters in the install that we can use, this would suffice. 

We have purchased the Unlimited Production License for the component if this helps. 

Thanks, 

Mick

Michael,
You installer for Web Application is just for deployment, right? If in that case, I think the “Prep Install Tool” is required. Can you contact the sales@thinkgeo.com with your requirement, and maybe they can give you something to resolve the re-deployment license issue.

Thanks,
Johnny

Hi, 

I have ThinkGeo MapSuite Silverlight Edition 5.5, evaluation version.  I finished a sample application in my development computer and I'd like to deploy this app into IIS in a server computer.  Please verify if this list of steps to deploy the application is correct: 

1. Compile the app in the development machine. 

2. Create an installer with all dlls created or referenced in step 1. 

3. Add some more dlls to the installer, for example all the files in C:\Program Files\ThinkGeo\Map Suite Silverlight Evaluation Edition 5.5\Developer Reference... (Please indicate the source directories and destination that must be included) 

4. Go to the server machine and execute the installer. 

5. Execute the Map Suite Silverlight Edition Server Preparation Tool on the server. 

Is there a way to execute the Preparation Tool in silent, unassisted way? 

Thanks, 

César M.

Cesar, 

Those steps look correct!   

As for the silent install we haven’t specifically built anything into the installer to support it, so unless it’s something that is standard across all MSI packages there is most likely no way to install it silently. 

Thanks!