ThinkGeo.com    |     Documentation    |     Premium Support

Silverlight 5 Daily Build Strong Named Assemby Issue

I am able to use the Strong Named Client assemblies from the original release of version 5 complete with all their niggles, but any attempt at using these from any of the more recent daily builds results in a System.IO.FileNotFoundException, Could Not Load File or Assembly 'SilverlightNetTopologySuite'.

The daily build zip does not include a new SilverlightProjNet.dll and maybe the problem lies with that.

Comments welcome, a fix even more so.

Rgds

Graeme

Hi Graeme, 

Sorry to reply you so late. Our build manager did some change for daily build process so we just wait for the new package after you post this thread. 

Today we get the new daily build package, I replace all dlls to our How do I sample for test, everything looks work well and unlucky to reproduce your problem. And I noticed that the SilverlightProjNet.dll is included in the client folder now. 

Could you have a look at the latest SilverlightEditionFull5.0.34.0DllPackage.zip package and if that still cannot solved your problem please feel free to let us know. 

Regards, 

Don

Don,

Thank you for the post but I think we still have a problem with this.

I agree the SilverlightProjNet.dll is in the Silverlight Edition\Client folder but it does not exist in the Silverlight Edition - Strong Named\Client folder and if this file is the cause of the FileIO exception error reported by the SuiteNetTopologySuite then I think it's omission may be the cause.  I could be wrong and this may be an incorrect assumption.

Take your normal sample solution and sign the assembly using a pfx file, I used our normal .pfx file that we use for all our code signing.  This then requires you to remove the references to the assemblies from the Silverlight Edition\Client folder and add the Strong Named equivalents.  Open the DisplayASimpleMap.xaml from Samples\Getting Started and the designer crashes out with the error:-

System.IO.FileNotFoundException

Could not load file or assembly 'SilverlightNetTopologySuite, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=f580a05016ebada1' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

Could I ask you to take another look and see if you can replicate this behaviour?

Thanks & Best Regards

Graeme

Hi Graeme,  

I think you’re right. So sorry I ignore the strong named things in your post. I will did another test by pfx file and update this post if get any progress about this. 

Thanks 

Don

Hi Graeme,  

I make sure the problem is caused the PublicKeyToken incorrect for SilverlightNetTopologySuite.dll and SilverlightGeoAPI.dll in strong name client folder of our package.  

The problem should be caused by reference error in daily build process, we will fix that as soon as possible. 

Here we have a workaround for you, please reference the SilverlightNetTopologySuite.dll and SilverlightGeoAPI.dll in client folder (without strong name) but keep other dlls in strong name client folder, that should make your application works. 

Regards, 

Don

Thanks Don,   

Can confirm that the workaround you suggested works.   

Regards 
 Graeme

Graeme, 

I will update this post if we fix this bug in our daily build package. 

Thanks & Best Regards 

Don