ThinkGeo.com    |     Documentation    |     Premium Support

SilverlightMapConnector AG_E_NETWORK_ERROR when loading map labels

Hi guys,

For the issue at gis.thinkgeo.com/Support/DiscussionForums/tabid/143/aff/28/aft/6758/afv/topic/Default.aspx, I checked every shape file we're using and it threw the SilverlightMapConnector AG_E_NETWORK_ERROR error on one of them (Streets). So I'm assuming the shape file itself is corrupt. I'm not getting any errors for the other shape files I'm using. 

Now, I'm trying to load the labels on the map for the other layers. But it's throwing the same error for every shape file I try to load the labels for. I'm using the code following code:

ShapeFileFeatureLayer countryLabelLayer = new ShapeFileFeatureLayer(MapPath("~/app_data/cntry02.shp")) { DrawingMarginPercentage = 100 };

countryLabelLayer.ZoomLevelSet.ZoomLevel01.DefaultTextStyle = TextStyles.Country1("CNTRY_NAME");

countryLabelLayer.ZoomLevelSet.ZoomLevel01.DefaultTextStyle.TextLineSegmentRatio = 2;

countryLabelLayer.ZoomLevelSet.ZoomLevel01.DefaultTextStyle.HaloPen = new GeoPen(new GeoColor(150, 255, 255, 255));

countryLabelLayer.ZoomLevelSet.ZoomLevel01.ApplyUntilZoomLevel = ApplyUntilZoomLevel.Level20;

The same code in the demo solution works fine. I've been banging my head against a brick wall all day but still can't find a reason as to why id doesn't work in my solution. I would appreciate any help from you guys.

Thanks,

Nirish

Nirish, 

There are two reasons to cause this issue: 1. The shape files you are using are corrupt, so you could test it using Map Suite Explorer; 2. The shape files you are rendering can’t be found on the server side or you could find the exact place where they exist. 

Any more question please let me know. 

Thanks, 

Johnny 

Hi Johnny, 

I don’t think the files I have left are corrupt as they work fine with my other test project. The labels display correctly without any image errors when I set the aspx page as the start page (the solution only has 1 aspx page). However, my main application currently has 2 aspx pages: authentication/login.aspx and pages/mainpage.aspx(which contains the map). I’ve had a look at the demo solution Howard posted in one of the comments under the Silverlight quick start guide which has got a similar scenario of the start page containing a link to another page with the map. In the demo solution, the maps work fine regardless of which page I set as the start page. However, in my app, I am confused as to which page I should set as the start page. I’ve tried setting either of them as the start page but it still throws the image errors. I’m pretty sure the error’s got something to do with setting the correct start page because my test app also throws the image errors if I don’t set the aspx page as the start page and both the test app and the main app have the same code to load the map layers. 

Thanks, 

Nirish

Nirish,

Sorry for that we couldn't recreate your problem, and a simple sample with the same scenario as yours is provided in the attachment. If you could download it and recreate your problem using this small sample; we will address it and then fixed it quickly.

Thanks,

Johnny

1696-SilverlightApplication.zip (17.7 KB)

Hi Johnny, 

We found the problem using Fiddler. It was trying to store map tiles in the database session and failing. So we removed the <sessionState> configuration from the Web.config file and now the map as well the labels are loading. 

Thanks for your help! 

Nirish

Nirish, 

Glad to see that you have solved this problem. You are always so welcome. 

Thanks, 

Johnny