ThinkGeo.com    |     Documentation    |     Premium Support

Simple marker symbols

Hello,

In the application I’m working on I need to display the position of a vessel on a map.
I’ve been looking at the examples for markers and popups, but I was curious if there was any type of built in symbology similar to ESRI’s simple marker symbols.

Something where you can just designate the symbol is an arrow or square, or even a path for drawing shapes, or if using bitmaps and fonts is the best way to go.

I know this is a pretty generic question so any insight is appreciated.

As always, thanks for your help.

Aaron

Thanks Aaron,
There are few ways to add the point symbol/marker to the map.

1. You could add some layer with the point data to the overlay.

InMemoryFeatureLayer pointLayer = new InMemoryFeatureLayer();
         pointLayer.ZoomLevelSet.ZoomLevel01.DefaultPointStyle.PointType = PointType.Image;
         pointLayer.ZoomLevelSet.ZoomLevel01.DefaultPointStyle.Image = new GeoImage("Your image file");
         pointLayer.ZoomLevelSet.ZoomLevel01.ApplyUntilZoomLevel = ApplyUntilZoomLevel.Level20;

2. You could use the simple marker overlay.

SimpleMarkerOverlay markerOverlay = (SimpleMarkerOverlay)mapView.Overlays[“MarkerOverlay”];
    Marker marker = new Marker(e.WorldLocation);
    marker.ImageSource = new BitmapImage(new Uri("/Resources/AQUA.png", UriKind.RelativeOrAbsolute));
    marker.Width = 20;
    marker.Height = 34;
    marker.YOffset = -17;

3. You can use FeatureSourceMarkerOverlay.

FeatureSourceMarkerOverlay markerOverlay = new FeatureSourceMarkerOverlay(new InMemoryFeatureSource());
markerOverlay.ZoomLevelSet.ZoomLevel01.DefaultPointMarkerStyle.ImageSource = new BitmapImage(new Uri("/Resources/AQUA.png", UriKind.RelativeOrAbsolute));
markerOverlay.ZoomLevelSet.ZoomLevel01.DefaultPointMarkerStyle.Width = 20;
markerOverlay.ZoomLevelSet.ZoomLevel01.DefaultPointMarkerStyle.Height = 34;
markerOverlay.ZoomLevelSet.ZoomLevel01.DefaultPointMarkerStyle.YOffset = -17;
markerOverlay.ZoomLevelSet.ZoomLevel01.DefaultPointMarkerStyle.ToolTip = “This is [#Name#].”;
markerOverlay.ZoomLevelSet.ZoomLevel01.ApplyUntilZoomLevel = ApplyUntilZoomLevel.Level20;

You can find more sample on the how do I sample

Thanks

Frank

By the way. we have an icon library
https://files.thinkgeo.com:5001/sharing/pOqCZMQSl

Hope it helpful for your project.

Thanks

Frank

As always, thanks for your assistance Frank.

Aaron,
My pleasure to be helpful. Go ahead let us know if you have any more questions.

Thanks

Frank