ThinkGeo.com    |     Documentation    |     Premium Support

SL map control not displaying maps in iis7

Hi Guys, im currently working on a silverlight application using your map control. it works fine when deployed to IIS6 but when i deploy to IIS7 it throws the following error: 

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.] ThinkGeo.MapSuite.SilverlightEdition.TileHandler.x89e980e974836afb(HttpContext x367528c7f091a5d2) +683 ThinkGeo.MapSuite.SilverlightEdition.TileHandler.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) +93 System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +181 System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +75 

it is running on 32bit windows server 2008. the default app pool is Classic .Net App Pool. I have attached the web.config file to this post as 'web.txt' as it wouldn't let me attach a file of type .config.

any help would be much appreciated.

Regards,

James

1635-Web.txt (6.5 KB)

James,

We are sorry for that, this is a bug of our SilverlightEdtion product, thank your for handing in this issue. You could expose the entire url to avoid it. For example,  using localhost:3725/Default.aspx instead of localhost:3725/. And another thing is that if the default application pool is Classic .NET AppPool, you coud remove the code below in the system.webServer section:

<add type="ThinkGeo.MapSuite.SilverlightEdition.TileHandler" verb="*" path="GeoTile.axd" name="GeoTileHandler" preCondition="classicMode"></add>

Any more questions please let me know.

Thanks,

Johnny

Hi Jonathan,

Thanks for that. by removing the "system.webserver" section has resolved the issue. when do you expect to release the next version of Silverlight Edition?

Regards,

James

James, 

We will release the next public version of SilverlightEdition around in may, and we may add some new features to it. 
 Thank your for paying  attention on our product. 

Any more questions please let me know. 

Thanks, 

Johnny