ThinkGeo.com    |     Documentation    |     Premium Support

SL3 Out-Of-Browser

About Silverlight 3 Out-of-Browser capability ....

My test application runs well inside the browser, that is I can see MarkerOverlay(s), Shapes and tiled WmsOverlay(s). Running the application out-of-browser i can not see WmsOverlay(s) tiles and I receive the message "The DOM/scription bridge is disabled" .

The question is : did I do anything wrong  ? does MapSuite support the out-of-browser capablity ?

Thank you in advance.

henry

Enrico, 

Our Silverlight control cannot work along currently because we have a license strategy which force users to work with MapConnector server control. 

Currently, we don’t have many users use our client control only; so we don’t support Out-of-browser feature. 

On the other hand, we can collect more requirements from users who has the same requirements as yours; if it worth, we might abandon our current license strategy and support it in the future. 

Please let us know if you have more questions. 

Thanks, 
 Howard

Hi, 

Just on this, we have been asked about running out of the browser since this is getting more momentum as a feature, especially with Silverlight 4 coming out next year that offers even more support for this. I think you’ll find more and more people requesting this feature. 

Jamie

Jamie, 

Yes, I agree with you. We statistic before Silverlight 3.0 released; there is no people deploying Silverlight App which is using our control to Html. They likes server rendering more than client rendering; because of the downloader limits and rendering performance on the client side. While in 3.0, it supports out of browser app and higher performance; as you said, more and more people like to embed their App in HTML page or using Out Of Browser way. 

It’s really a good suggestion and we’ll discuss it very carefully. But we think it won’t be supported in a short time; also please keep an eye on our website. 

Please let us know if you have more questions. 

Thanks, 
 Howard

Hi, 

Is there any update on this item so that the map control can run in an out of browser application? Silverlight 4 is just around the corner and there is a lot of talk around out of browser applications between some of our clients. However at this stage all I can tell them is that "it not available yet, but ThinkGeo have indicated it may happen at some stage". 

Just keen to know if there has been any progress on this. 

Thanks, 

Jamie

Jamie, 

It’s still in our work list, but hasn’t gotten it out yet. We are waiting for the Silverlight 4 release, and then upgrade our product to SL4 platform. I think feature about out-of-Brower can be available at that time. 

Thanks for following closely. 

Johnny. 

Hello, 
 we’re really interested in OOB capability. Could you give us some more detail about the roadmap to let this functionality available? 
 I posted the same question also in another topic (SL4). 
 TIA 
 Robertogis.thinkgeo.com/desktopmodules/activeforums/themes/thinkgeo/save32.png

Roberto,
Thanks for submitting your requirement. I agree with you that OOB is a very interesting feature in Silverlight. We are always trying to make it work. It’s also on our roadmap, it’s related to License problem, so we need more investigation.  Sorry that we are unable to give you a definitely date. We will give you a note as soon as it comes out.
Thanks,
Johnny