ThinkGeo.com    |     Documentation    |     Premium Support

Spatial Index

Hi Support team

I have authored my shape file in ArcMap and set its spatial index. When I try to open the shape file in WMS through both desktop and silverlight clients, it does not open. When I try to open the shape file with MapSuite Explorer, it says that, the shape file does not have spatial index and therefore, requires me to create one. When I cerate the spatial index in the Mapsuite Explorer, I can open the shape file from my WMS through both desktop and silverlight clients.

When I intend to add a custom column, using CustomColumnEvent, the returned 'e.id' is not from the column I expected (The one I set for spatial index in the ArcMap). Is there incompatibility between spatial index set in ArcMap and the mapsuite's? How can get the 'e.id' I am expecting?

Best Regards,

Vincent

Hi, Vincent

It seems that there exists some misunderstanding about the properties of CustomColumnFetchEventArgs. The “e.Id” is the Id for the Feature and it’s a string that represents the unique identifier for this Feature. For Shape Files this is an integer represents the row number in the dBASE file and not from any columns, so it can speed up spatial querying. Also the spatial index file format is not compatible with that in ArcMap definitely and it’s our home grown spatial query format.

If you need to get the value of the column you have specified and OleDb query for Dbase file can help with that.

If you still have any questions, please let us know.

Thanks,

Khalil