I have a speed issue in related to loading a large amount of points unto the map. At the moment I am trying to position around 7000 points on the map by on the EditOverlay. It will actually took a while for all the points to be drawn.. also the map became really slow and less interactive. Is there any way I could improve this?? Another requreiment I had is that all the points need to be dragable (that is one of the reason that its on the EditOverlay).
Thanks for your post and questions. I am not sure why you are trying to edit so many points at one time, is there some special reason for this? I cannot image how it looks when 7000 points are being displayed on a 1024*768 screen, I think it is very hard to distinguish and drag one from them. While following way by creating index for them should somehow make the performance better, just take a try by calling the following API: winformsMap1.EditOverlay.EditShapesLayer.BuildIndex();
Any more questions please feel free to let me know. Thanks. Yale