ThinkGeo.com    |     Documentation    |     Premium Support

SQL Server 2008 geometry format supported?

Will the editor support the SQL Server 2008 spatial format for editing? I hope it does, because we need this bad.

Thanks.

-John

John, 

Thanks for your post! 

The first Beta version of the GIS editor won’t support viewing and editing SQL Server 2008 spatial data out of the box, however the GIS editor is built on top of a plug-in model that allows for additional formats to be added easily.   We will add this feature request to our enhancement tracker at helpdesk.thinkgeo.com/EnhancementTracker for the GIS Editor product so the community can vote it up and help us prioritize it. 

Thanks!

John, 

I am going to try and get SQL 2008 spatial support in right after the release or , knock on wood, before the release. :-)  We see the future  in the spatial databases and want to support them in the editor.  The great thing is that, as Clint said, we have a plugin model. We have also  build in plugin distribution model so as new plugins come online you can download and install them right inside the application. 

David 

OK, now that I have the beta, how do we create a Data Format at plug-in for SQL Server 2008 spatial format? 

Thanks. 

-John

Hi John,

Please see my attached sample for this scenario; it represents a simple sample to create a MsSql layer plugin which will be automatically collected by the GISEditor.

The GISEditor is in beta, we might do a little change on the plugin system in the near future to make the plugin development more easier. Just let you know.

Thanks,

Howard 

MsSql2008FeatureLayerPlugin.zip (6.93 KB)