if I use textStyle2 in XP, it will throw exception, but it just happened in some specific coordinates. (if I use textStyle4, Map works correctly) in W7, the map works well… I still don’t know what reason causes this error… please give me some idea. Thanks.
Thanks for your inputs, it seems you application depends on the OS somehow.
I noticed that the main difference between textStyle2 and textStyle4 is the HaloPen set for the textStyle2, could you have a try to remove the HaloPen to see if it sill throw exception?
Also, you mentioned that it will only throw exception in some specific coordinate, could you get one of those coordinates, and I will have a try on a WinXp 32 Chinese OS on this coordinate.
Thanks for your reply, Yale if I remove the HaloPen, it sill throw exception. Tha main difference between textStyle2 and textStyle4 is textStyle2 set label’s RotationAngle=0 TextStyle textStyle2 = new CustomTextStyle();// set label’s RotationAngle is 0 textStyle2.SplineType = SplineType.ForceSplining; if I change SplineType to SplineType.StandardSplining/SplineType.Default/SplineType.None it doesn’t throw exception.
I can give you one specific coordinates that happen exception. 121.50926 24.985475 it happen error in zoomlevel 20.
I am afraid I need your data to recreate your problem. I use the data attached in our package and it works fine in Windows 2003 Chinese Operating system, while I do not test the WinXp Chinese OS because it is not available now.
Could you have a try to see if this problem still exists on your WinXp environment with the following data?
Thanks for your reply, Yale your code as below wroks well. but I think the problem is strange. 1. why it just happen in specific coordinates and zoomlevel ex in currently, i find two coordinate have error message. CoordinateA works error in zoomlevel20 CoordinateB works error in zoomlevel19 2. why it works well in W7, but doesn’t work in XP…
hello i can give you sample data sharelfu.sytes.net/ting_upload/Road_AL.rar you can try two points ErrorGis:121.50926 24.985475 in zoomlevel 20 ErrorGis:121.498817 25.022928 in zoomlevel 19
1. First , I notcied in your code, there is a customzied class called CustomTextStyle, the code is not attached.
2. In the data you provided, I did not find “Road” column text, only contains two columns “RID” “ADR”. So I am wondering if you are sending a wrong data.
3. I changed the TextColumnName from “Road” to “Adr”, and I tested in Window Server 2003 Enterprise Edition Service Pack2, Chinese Regin, it works fine.
So, if possible, could you send me a compartively small sample applictaion with data attached to show the problem? That would be much convinient to make us in the same line with the problem.
Just make sure, When you do not set the TileCache the problem will go away? If so, I think this problem is totally have nothing to do with Font, just a problem hidden in TileCache.
That is so wield, as you know, I did not have the WinXP Chinese OS on hand. So proablly it will take a few days to prepare for that.
Thanks for your reply, Yale I’m not sure if TileCatch is main problem…I just say “maybe”… Why I propose this problem…just I set 3700 point to test my Map data in each level.
another Strange problem… if I set tileCathc in W7… this problem doesn’t happen… but I have no complete test… just input some specific coordinates.
I have no idea what is the real reason for this problem because up to now I could not recreate on my enviroments avaiable.
If this problem is very urgent to you, we probablly will try to create an enriroment exactly same with you to recrete this problem in the coming weeks.
Thank for your help, Yale The problem is very urgent…because we will generate new product to our customers.
in this weekend, we will test more situation to know which reason causes this problem. But, I hope you keep help me to find what is main problem… If you have any new idea, please let me know. Thanks.
Just make sure, your Operating system in which the problem is accuring is the Chinese Tradional Operating system 32 bit ? If so, we may need to download this kind of OS to recreate this problem.