ThinkGeo.com    |     Documentation    |     Premium Support

StreamLoading PNG WorldFile

Hi All,

I'm attempting to stream load a .PNG image into a GdiPlusRasterLayer from my WMS server, but I'm getting hung up on what I should be feeding it when it asks for the 'world file'. I understand that .TIFF files have an accompanying .TWF, but I wasn't aware that there was anything of the sort for .PNG. Might you be of assistance?

Thanks in advance,

-Dustin

A world file has the same content regardless of the type of image file it is associated with.  The difference is only in the file extension.  As you say, .TIFF would be .TFW but for .PNG it is .PGW and for .JPG is .JGW

Ah, I see, thank you very much! I guess I can just write that up on the fly, then.

-Dustin

I can’t seem to get this to work with PNG images… maybe I’m doing something wrong. Do I need to specify anywhere that this is indeed a PNG image for the GdiPlusRasterLayer? I have tried to use the StreamLoading event with both a static image and static world file (both through a file stream) and alternatively through a memory stream, neither working. Is there a trick to this? I’ve gotten it to work with TIFF images just fine.

Scratch that, it's a way I'm calculating something in the world file. Sorry for the confusion. 

John, thank you very much for giving hints here. and Hope everything goes well with you guys. 

Best Regards! 
 Johnny