ThinkGeo.com    |     Documentation    |     Premium Support

Text format is not imported from DWG file to ThinkGeo

When opening a DWG file in ThinkGeo CAD layer we found that all the text labels are shown in some default font and not the original font in the file. Is there a way to support the original font display in ThinkGeo? specific save command in AutoCad? font files needs to be placed somewhere? code tweaking to make it work when loading the file?

Thanks Dror,
Could you provide the CAD files? We could look into more detail. If the file is large you could send to support@thinkgeo.com.

Thanks

Frank

Thanks Dror,
I got your sample CAD file. We get the features from CAD file by TeighaCad. It return us the WKT instead of text + style. I am still looking into more detail see if there anything we could do.

Thanks

Frank

Dror,
I got some progress for this one. The TeighaCad does return the text and the font to us. We convert these information to WKT. But during the convert process we ignore some thing such as font family. I don’t think we could 100% match the style in the CAD but we do have somthing could improve to make the result more close to the CAD. We are still working on this. I will let you know once the improvement done.

Thanks

Frank

Dror,
We have done the changes. We will do another beta release next week. I will let you know once it done.

Thanks

Frank

Hi Frank,
Thank you for the support.
Is there any update regarding the release?

Thanks,
Dror.

Thanks Dror,
We have updated the nugget package last week. But we got another deployment issue. We have to rollback the upload. We are working on it. It should be done in one or two days.

Thanks

Frank

Thanks Dror,
We have fixed the deployment issue. You can try with latest mapsuite v10 beta NuGet package

There are two enhancements

1. We changed all letters to the lower case which is not correct. We fixed this issue.
  2. The size of the text. We did some enhancement for this one. Now the size is more close to the size in the auto cad.

Thanks

Frank

Thanks Frank, The beta version did fix the problem for the CAD map.

could you share when will this fix be part of a released V10 version?

Thanks Dror,
Yes. We have the changes released to prod too. You could get the latest V10 prod nugget package and try again.

Thanks

Frank