ThinkGeo.com    |     Documentation    |     Premium Support

Tile Creation from SQLite Vector Base

Hi,

We are finding that we are quite often generating maps (in vector format) that are very detailed but of fairly small areas. These maps are drawn using our own ThinkGeo map editor application using SQLite and other layer types. We are converting these to tiles using QGIS for use within our own map control that allows the maps to be embedded in client websites.

Are there any facilities within ThinkGeo to generate these tiles? so that the process can be simplified a little?

Regards,
Jonathan

hi Jonathan,

Yes, we have a Cache Generator, here’s the source code, but it supports shapefile only.

Fortunately, you could make some easy changes on https://gitlab.com/thinkgeo/public/mapping-data/-/blob/master/samples/winforms/CacheGeneratorSample/CacheGenerator/LayerProvider.cs to implement your own Cache Generator. You just need to provide your SqlLiteFeatureLayer in method GetLayersToCache and the zoomlevels in method GetScalesToCache.

Thanks,
Leo

Hi Leo,

Sorry for not getting back to you sooner. That does look very useful and we can work with SHP files so that’s OK. I’m not sure when I will get to working on this part of the project but I am sure this will be a huge advantage.

Regards,
Jonathan

hi Jonathan,

That’s OK. I’m glad you can work with shape files. :slight_smile:

Thanks
Leo