ThinkGeo.com    |     Documentation    |     Premium Support

Too many results with Exact Match

104 Lee Ann Dr Shelbyville TN 37160

104 Lee Ann Drive Shelbyville TN 37160

When we do a search for the above address we get 2 results back currently(see attachment below).  Both are in the same zip code, but only 1 result is accurate.  Since neither address is an exact match to the search string, is there a specific order that we can use to try to find the “best” match?  The issue is with 2 results coming in, how do we know which location to use?  

I go back to google search as an example again.  If I enter either of those addresses above, I get 1 result back.  How do I get that experience using geocoder?

Hi Jake, 

When I tested your another question today, I found your data shouldn’t be the newest version. I am not sure whether that’s because why the search get two different results. 

And I will let our developer knows this case to see whether there is a bug here. 

Regards, 

Don

I got the latest dataset yesterday (MapSuiteGeoCoderFullData02252016).  I get the same results as above.  I am also using build 9.0.245.0.

Hi Jake, 

sorry for delay on this. We can use the Ranking property of GeocoderMatch to identify which is the ‘best’ match. The value is more bigger means it’s the better one. If the vales are equal, please take the first one. 

Hope it’s helpful. 

Regards, 
 Peter

Will the first result in the list always be the best?  The example above has 5 results return, 2 street addresses.  Both are ranked 140000.  From what I am being told, I can take the first one in the list and be confident that I am getting the best match?

Hi Jake, 

Usually the first result will be more accurate than the others when they have the same rank. 

Regards, 
 Peter

After applying the latest files and trying to process this address again we get some different results.  We use the public Collection<GeocoderMatch> Match(string streetAddress, string zip) function since we know the zip code and want to limit the results to only that zip.  When we get our results using the same address above, we find 2 results are returned.  The issue is, the wrong one is listed first, and both results have a ranking of 0.  Note that LEE Lane is listed first in the results.

Hi Jake,

Sorry for making confusion in the latest reply. The rank will be assigned the value when the matching results query from different ‘MatchingPlugins’. In your scenario, all of the matching result come from the StreetMatchingPlugin, so the rank property is 0.

The issue about ‘the wrong one is listed first’ turns out to be a bug which has been fixed in the 9.0.259.0 or later. Please download it and have a try again.

Regards,

Peter

.255 is the latest build available.

Hi Jake, 

The v 9.0.259.0 is available now. Please download it and have a try again. 

Any questions please let us know. 

Regards, 
 Peter