ThinkGeo.com    |     Documentation    |     Premium Support

Touchscreen WPF

Hello,

We have several MS Surface Pro’s, Panasonic Touch Pads and big Touch TV’s.
When will the touchscreen functonality work in version 13?

Regards,
Guido van den Boom

Hi Guido,

Thanks for your post. Our product team is finishing up a beta of our new MAUI component. After that is complete, we plan to back-port all the touch functionality from that into our WPF.

If you want to be notified of when the MAUI beta is ready, you can fill out the form here.

Thanks,
John

Hi Guido,

TouchScreen support has been greatly improved in the latest WPF V13 beta. Here is a sample WpfApp_TouchScreen.zip (3.5 KB), and below is a video about it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RoLoMS7j5GQ

Thanks,
Ben

Hi Ben,

Great! I will probably give it a try this week.

Thanks,
Guido

Cool, just let us know if you see any issues.

Hi,

I got the touchscreen to work (panning & zooming) and made some progress in the maptap event (almost similar to my mapclick event).

But after a short while the map is not responding to my touches anymore.
For instance when I use the screen keyboard or when I use the mouse to select something on the map.

I have not figured out yet what kind of actions trigger the map to become unresponsive to screen touches. When I do, I will let you know.

Best regards,
Guido van den Boom

Hi Guido,

So after a short while the touches not working but it works fine with the mouse? And just wondering does the device go to sleep mode or something before it’s getting inactive?

Thanks,
Ben

Hi Ben,

The mouse didn’t work either (panning & clicking).
The map becomes unresponsive. The zoom-in/zoom-out on the top left works though.

I can’t remember if the device went to sleep mode or not.

I’ll have to find time to do some more research on the matter.

Best regards,
Guido van den Boom

sounds good, just let us know.