ThinkGeo.com    |     Documentation    |     Premium Support

Track zoom in a map

Hello everybody,

I've seen on the mapsuite demo a section named "Track zoom in a map". I try to do it on my own project and it work fine. But we can't control it in order to change the pressed touch(shift in the exemple) or modify anything else.... How can I customise this selection rectangle??

Thanks for reading me.

PS:excuse me for my bad english!

Thanks for evaluating our product!

If I understand your question correctly, I believe you want to change the key that activates the TrackZoom.  By default, MapSuite uses the "shift key+mouse drag" key combination to TrackZoom in on the map.  If you want to use the "control key+mouse drag" to zoom in instead of the default, you only need to add the following 1 line of code when you initialize your map:

winformsMap1.ExtentOverlay.LeftClickDragKey = Keys.ControlKey;

You can also use many other Keys instead of the <ctrl> key if you want.  Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,

Phil 

Thanks for your answer,

You have understand my question but I can see in your snippet code that you use "winformsMap1" but I use silverlight so... I haven't the same method in my project..... And I can't find LeftClickDragKey property.... 

After that can I use this rectangle in order to select several markers which are already draw on my map? 

Regards 

MapSuiteTester, 

Sorry for my earlier post.  I was mistaken and the solution I posted was for the Desktop Edition.  I think we may still be having some misunderstanding, so I wanted to clarify.   

Currently the Silverlight Edition does not support the LeftClickDragKey property that the Desktop Edition supports.  I can add this as a feature enhancement request and it should make it in a future build. 

However, based on your last post it sounds like want to draw a rectangle on the map and have it select markers that are within that rectangle.  If this is the case, then you should not use the LeftClickDragKey property.  Instead you should use a TrackOverlay to accomplish this.  If you visit silverlightsamples.thinkgeo.com/default.aspx, open up the “Shapes” example folder and run the “Track Shape Events” example, this will give you a good idea of how to accomplish this.  You’ll need to implement the Map1.TrackOverlay.TrackEnded event and execute a spatial query to select the markers that are contained within the shape. 

Please let me know if I’ve misunderstood your questions or if you need any further help. 

Thanks, 
 Phil

Phil, 

Thanks for your quick reply. I think it can be a good idea to add my request in a future build.  

I will try your method for multiple selection of markers. I will post my feedback before the end of the week. 

Thanks a lot!

Thanks MapSuiteTester.  Good luck and let us know if you have any other questions.

I’m back again! :D 

I try your solution and it works fine!I can select several points on my map and delete them. I just have a last question:  
 how can I delete the rectangle after I have selected  markers? 

Regards

Thanks for your follow up question. 

To clear any track shapes that have been drawn you can just use the clear method off of the Internal Features on the TrackShapeLayer.  Below is what the code would look like. 

Map1.TrackOverlay.TrackShapeLayer.InternalFeatures.Clear 

Thanks!

PERFECT! 

Thanks Clint!

PERFECT! 

Thanks Clint!

Your Welcome!