ThinkGeo.com    |     Documentation    |     Premium Support

Unable to use GoogleOverlay parameters

Hello,

Are the GoogleOverlay parameters used while requesting Google?

I'm trying a very simple code using a GoogleOverlay and setting ClientId, PrivateKey and another specific parameter named "channel".

When I check the requests sent to Google (using fiddler), it appears that any parameter is added to the Static maps request.

Here is the source code :

private void map1_Loaded(object sender, RoutedEventArgs e)
        {
            map1.MapUnit = ThinkGeo.MapSuite.SilverlightCore.GeographyUnit.Meter;

GoogleOverlay google = new GoogleOverlay();
            google.GoogleMapType = GoogleMapType.Satellite;
            google.Parameters.Add("channel", "*****");
            google.ClientId = "*****";
            google.PrivateKey = "*****";

map1.Overlays.Add(google);

map1.CurrentExtent = new RectangleShape(-13939426.6371, 6701997.4056, -7812401.86, 2626987.386962);
            map1.Refresh();
        }

Here is an example of the corresponding requests sent to Google.

maps.google.com/maps/api/staticmap?center=49.447245,-122.913909&zoom=4&size=256x256&maptype=satellite&format=png8&key=&sensor=false

Thank you

Nicolas

Nicolas, 

GoogleMapApiKey is not required for GoogleMap free Edition anymore. This API is obsolete and may be removed on or after May 1st 2011. 

So the key= will always be null. 

Any more questions please feel free to let me know. 

Thanks, 

James 

James, 
 My question is not about to the key parameter. 

As you have probably seen in my source code, I’m trying to use GoogleMaps Premier and not the free edition. 
 For this, I’m not trying to use the Key, but de ClientId and the PrivateKey. Those parameters are not deprecated and are required to use Google Maps Premier. 
 I’m also trying to use the “channel” parameter which is also allowed by Google and that I use to know the application which consume some Google credits when I connect to my Google Enterprise Portal. 

Thanks 
 Nicolas

Nicolas,

Sorry I didn’t capture your point yesterday. as a Premier, you should call the constructor method like this:

GoogleOverlay google = new GoogleOverlay("overlayName", "yourClientId", "yourPrivateKey");

It should be the same as your code, but our implementation has a problem that we will fix it soon.

Any more questions please feel free to let me know.

Thanks,

James

Thank you James, 
 using the construcor like this works. The "client" and "signature" parameters are added to Google requests. 

What about the possibility to use additional parameters like the "channel" parameter available for the Google Maps Premier? 

Thank you 
 Nicolas

Nicolas, 

I’m sorry to tell you we have an issue on test environment, we cannot get images from google maps server today, we will track the problem and give you a result tomorrow, 

Thanks, 

Scott,

Nicolas, 

We have fixed this bug, you can get the version 4.5.83.0 and try it again. 

Thanks, 
 James

Hi James, 
 I tried with the 4.5.85 daily build, and as you said it solves the problem using ClientId and PrivateKey properties. 
 Thank you for this. 

To close this post, I will create a new one for the other question about additional parameters like "channel".

Nicolas, 

I am glad it’s working with you. 

We will work on your another questions at another post. 

Thanks, 
 James