ThinkGeo.com    |     Documentation    |     Premium Support

Unhandled Error in Silverlight Application - Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Hi guys,

I installed a fresh version of ThinkGeo (SilverlightEdition Evaluation 4.0.40.0) on a new machine and I'm still using the Silverlight Edition DLLs from the daily development build (Silerlight Evaluation 4.0.55.0) in my project. 

Now when I try to drag the map around, I get the following error:

Message: Unhandled Error in Silverlight Application Object reference not set to an instance of an object.   at ThinkGeo.MapSuite.SilverlightEdition.ExtentInteractiveOverlay.MouseMoveCore(InteractionArguments interactionArguments)

at ThinkGeo.MapSuite.SilverlightEdition.InteractiveOverlay.MouseMove(InteractionArguments interactionArguments)

at ThinkGeo.MapSuite.SilverlightEdition.Map.xed5e3db0637e9499(InteractionArguments x195facd4ef5d753d)

at ThinkGeo.MapSuite.SilverlightEdition.Map.x66620b9fdee5ad44(Object xd9272088e65bd176, MouseEventArgs xc2fd4c0ed406cdb7)

at MS.Internal.CoreInvokeHandler.InvokeEventHandler(Int32 typeIndex, Delegate handlerDelegate, Object sender, Object args)

at MS.Internal.JoltHelper.FireEvent(IntPtr unmanagedObj, IntPtr unmanagedObjArgs, Int32 argsTypeIndex, String eventName)

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Nirish

Hi, Nirish, 

I did a test with source code and the latest installation project, but all works fine. Can you send us a quick sample including the evaluation dlls? 

Thanks, 

Johnny

Hi Johnny, 

Looks like the error goes away if I debug in compatibility mode in IE8.  

Thanks, 

Nirish

Hi Nirish, 

In other words, it doesn’t occur in IE7? The test i did before is also with IE8. To make sure all works fine, can you send us a demo in your free time? 

Thanks, 

Johnny

Hi Johnny, 

I have taken over the project from Nirish. 

Currently, we still are using the 4.0.55.0 evaluation libraries. This version seems to be working, however, we don’t have the Full version of these DLLs (we have since purchased an Unlimited Server license). 

When upgrading to the latest Daily Development build (4.0.161.0), I encounter the error as mentioned above. I get similar errors on MouseMove, MouseWheelUp and MouseWheelDown. 

The map does not move when trying to pan or use the mouse wheel for zooming in. However, if programmatically changing the extents, it works fine. 

We are using the RestrictedExtent property on the Map control and this value may change depending on the user’s actions and who is logged in. 

The application and system configuration are as follows: 
 - Vista 64bit 
 - IE7 
 - IIS7 
 - FormsAuthenication (cookieless=UseUri) 
 - sessionState - cookieless=UseUri 

I have modified the permissions on the web.config to full control for everyone (however if the application is modifying the web.config, this will restart the web application and with the configurations will lose their session and redirect them to the log in page). 

I tried downgrading to the production version and it seemed like it was doing the same thing. 

Regards, 

Mick

Michael,
I tested the RestrictExtent , but all works fine. Can you check if the installation samples work on your machine? Please don’t worry that you are using the Evaluation version, it doesn’t matter, the eval contains all the functions included in Full version.
Just as I have mentioned, can you send us a demo including all the DLL you referenced to forumsupport@thinkgeo.com ?
Thanks,
Johnny