ThinkGeo.com    |     Documentation    |     Premium Support

Unlicensed for runtime message still appears

We are still seeing the "Unlicensed for runtime" message on our production server. We have run the production server license tool and it appeared to complete successfully, but the message still appears. Is there something else we need to do?

Hi Jay, 

I think this issue is caused by your temporary cache on server side.  

The server cache is stored in the directory “%temp%\MapSuite”, I think you can delete these caches and re-request your application. 

Thanks, 

I don’t think it would be the cache, as we ran the production licensing before we had even deployed the app that makes use of it. Regardless, we’ve checked for %temp%\MapSuite when logged in as the service account that IIS runs under, the user who ran the production licensing, myself, and also looked under inetpub\temp and not found it.

Is there any way to verify the licensing is correct other than by that message not appearing?

We also get the message on our test box, which is to be expected, but oddly, I don’t get the message when running the app locally within Visual Studio. I would have thought I’d see it in  that situation as well. Does that indicate anything?

Hi Jay, 

I can’t reproduce your issue.  

I need your installation production server environment (contains OS, OS platform bit, Map Suite MVCEditon version, MapSuiteCore version, production server license tool version). Then I can deploy a test machine to reproduce it. 

Thanks,

Hi Don. Details:

Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise Service Pack 1
64-bit OS
MvcEdition 9.0.0.90
MapSuiteCore 9.0.0.90

I am wondering if perhaps we need to have the ThinkGeo Product Center application also installed on our production machine? We simply ran the production server license tool on that machine. Perhaps that’s the issue?

Hi Jay, 

I am sorry I still can’t reproduce this issue.  

I guess that your installation count has been run out off, you should want to contact sales@thinkgeo.com for detail about that. 

Thanks,  

Just to tie up this thread… I did contact sales, and the problem ended up being basically a set up issue on our side. We had our prod and test servers pointing to the same location for the WorldMapSDK sqlite file and tile cache, so if the test server happened to generate the tiles, we got the runtime message. 

Separating these locations cleared up the runtime message on our prod server.

Hi Jay, 

I’m glad to hear that, you are welcome. If you have another question, please let me know. 

Thanks,