ThinkGeo.com    |     Documentation    |     Premium Support

Using World Map Kit data on WMS Server

I would like to add a WorldMapKitRenderLayer that comes with the World Map Kit product as one of the WMS layers.   I tried creating this sample plugin 

public class WorldMapKitLayerPlugin : WmsLayerPlugin
    {        
        protected override MapConfiguration GetMapConfigurationCore(string style, string crs)
        {            
            var wmkLayer = new WorldMapKitRenderLayer(@"c:\gis\wmk");
            wmkLayer.LoadLayers();            

MapConfiguration mapConfiguration = new MapConfiguration();
            mapConfiguration.Layers.Add("WMK", wmkLayer);
            return mapConfiguration;
        }

// In this method you need to return the name of the Layer that WMS will expose.
        // You will use this name on the client to specify the layer you want to consume
        protected override string GetNameCore()
        {
            return "World Map Kit";
        }

// In this method you need to return the projections that are supported by your data.
        // It is your responsability to project the data in the MapConfiguration for each projection
        // type you specify here.
        protected override Collection<string> GetProjectionsCore()
        {
            return new Collection<string> { "EPSG:4326" };
        }

// In this method you need to return the bounding box of the layer.
        protected override RectangleShape GetBoundingBoxCore(string crs)
        {
            return new RectangleShape(-126.826171875, 57.104766845702, -70.83984375, 18.960235595702);
        }
    }

and got message that this layer is not supported.  What I want to do is create a layer that is styled similar to the WorldMapKitRenderLayer available on WMS, without having to redo the code.  How can this be done?

TIA.

Hi, Klaus
First off, I suggest you to check whether it could work well on the server-side through the “Preview” link button of the admin page?
If it works well, I guess there are some problems about your client codes. Can you provide us the client codes you are utilizing? As for the attached codes in your last post, and I think your code should be like this:
            TiledWmsOverlay tiledWmsOverlay = new TiledWmsOverlay(new Uri("localhost:62626/WmsHandler.axd"));
            tiledWmsOverlay.TileCache = null;
            tiledWmsOverlay.ActiveLayerNames.Add("World Map Kit");
            tiledWmsOverlay.ActiveStyleNames.Add("DEFAULT");

Thanks,
Khalil