ThinkGeo.com    |     Documentation    |     Premium Support

VB6 and Map Suite 4.5

I have been using the vb6 example for batch geocoding from GeoCoder 2.0 and it works great.

Now I have Map Suite 4.5, and I don't program in .Net, so is it possible to either use my vb6 application some way or get a compliled version of the Batch Geocoder so I can use Map Suite 4.5?

Thanks,

Alan

Alan, 

Currently we don’t have vb6 development environment, can you send your sample application with Geocoder 2.0 to us so that we can track your problem exactly, I’m not sure what’s the vb6 technology you used? VBA or generl VB6?  

Thanks, 

Scott,

I was just using the batch geocode sample that you guys include with V2.0. 

I would create a file with id, address,city,state,zip and the batch geocode would geocode it for me. 

I can’t find the same thing in V4.5… I see the Chicago geocode example, but it only takes address and zip. If I try creating a file with all my addresses and zips in it, then run thru the Chicago example, I get a very bad success rate.  

If I can just get an .exe batch geocode that will have as input a text file, then create an error file and a good file, just like V2 did, but do it in V4.5, that would be all I need. 

I’m in desperate need of this, because I really can’t use V4.5 at this point. 

Thanks for any help. 
 Alan 

I just need a way to geocode my addresses. I don’t need maps or anything, just a way to input a file that has entries like this: 
 123232,3342 Chena Hot Springs Rd,Fairbanks,AK 

where 123232 is an id number and 
 along with maybe a zipcode at the end or not, and then get a file that  that has the id and the geocode. 

Right now if I put address 
 3342 Chena Hot Springs Rd,Fairbanks,AK 
 in the .net version, and try geocoding like it’s being done in the Chicago batch geocode option, but having copied the V4.5 indexes to the chicago sample data directory, I don’t get a match, however this is a valid address. 

Any help would be appreciated. The V2.0 batch geocoding was perfect for what I needed however it is very outdated now and doesn’t give very accurate results now. 

Alan 

Alan,

Thanks for your explanations about it, I think currently your problem is Geocoder migration from v2.0 to v4.5, I make a MapSuiteGeocoder 4.5 sample that looks like the v2.0, it includes the single geocode and batch geocode, please reference the MapSuiteGeocoder.dll(v4.5) and run it directly. It works the same as the v2.0 version. I think it is exact what you want,

If you still have any questions please let me know,

Thanks,

Scott,

GeocoderBatchCSSampleApps.zip (55.5 KB)