ThinkGeo.com    |     Documentation    |     Premium Support

Version 4.0 Bugs

Hi guys,

Thanks for the release of version 4.0. I can see a lot of effort has been put into this and the performance seems to have improved a lot. 

However, I found a few issues with the release:

1. Changing the extent of the map (centering to a location etc) programmatically does not load the tiles of the map in the new extent. The user has to manually move the map for the tiles to load.

2. Since the new version includes the RestrictedExtent feature, I removed the custom RestrictedExtentInteractiveOverlay (given by Khalil in gis.thinkgeo.com/Support/DiscussionForums/tabid/143/aff/28/aft/7010/afv/topic/Default.aspx). But after I removed it, I couldn't drag the map with the mouse. Is there some setting I need to fix to enable mouse-dragging of the map?

Besides them, kudos to the dev team.

Thanks,

Nirish

Found the reason behind Issue 2 above. I had set Map.MapTools.MouseMapTool.IsEnabled to false which disabled the dragging of the map using the mouse.  

Issue 1 still persists. 

Thanks, 
 Nirish

Nirish, 

We are unable to recreate the 1 issue. Here is the test logic, please have a check if it is what you pointed out. 

1. Show the map. 
 2. Click a button and use “ZoomTo” method of map to zoom to a new extent. 

But all works fine. Could you let you know how you did the test? 

Thanks, 

Johnny 

Hi Johnny, 

I’m using the MoveTo(Point targetCenter) function of the map object.  

Nirish

Hi Nirish,

Yes, this is bug and we have fixed it now. Here is a workaround for you. Please use the MoveTo(targetCenter, OverlayDrawType.Draw) instead of MoveTo(targetCenter).

Thanks,

Johnny

Hi Johnny, 

Is that function in the map class? I couldn’t find it in version 4.0 release or the daily development build. 

Nirish

Hi Nirish,

I'm very sorry for my mistake. That method isn't a public method. Please down load the latest version 4.0.13.0 in the daily development build and use MoveTo(targetCenter) still. We have fixed the bug already.

Thanks,

Johnny

Hi Johnny, 

I got the latest build but the issue still exists. I add a marker to the map (beyond the current extent of the map) and call the MoveTo(targetCenter) to centre the map on the marker location and the marker is not shown until I move the map with the mouse. 

Nirish

Hi Nirish,

I have double checked the latest version 4.0.13.0, there is no problem. Here is the test logic:

1. Show the map. There are a marker that beyond the current extent of the map and a button located on the map.

2. Click the button that will call the MoveTo(targetCenter) to center the map on the marker location. All works fine, the marker and other tiles of the map will be shown automatically, there is no need to manually move the map. 

It's very strange. Could you please down load the latest version 4.0.13.0 and try again? If you still have problem, please attach a screenshot and your test code snippet. That will be helpful.

Thanks,

Johnny