ThinkGeo.com    |     Documentation    |     Premium Support

Voice activated Turn-By-Turn Directions

Hi,

Does or will ThinkGeo routing support voice activated Turn-By-Turn Directions?

Hi Christian, 

As far as I know, it seems like the voice activated Turn-By-Turn Directions needs the hardware’s support, such as the IPhone etc., right? I think we will not support it in the future, at least now. Sorry for the inconvenience.  

Thanks, 
 Johnny 

Hi again

I'm posting this question again seeing as the new year might hold new goals for your development team. We are in urgent need of voice activating our ThinkGeo powered emergency system so I have a few questions to ask:

*Are you working on step-by-step voice activation for the ThinkGeo routing extension?

if not, then:

we need to seek an alternative solution which can go 2 ways:

1. Either we make use of the raw data provided by the ThinkGeo routing extension and devise our own algorithms for calculating "on the fly" directions. I'm not experience with all the complications involved in this. Has your development team looked at this yet? will it be complex? Will the raw data be enough for us to achieve this without any serious complications? I'm just thinking development timeline here.

2. Or we make use of some third party tool. which will be very cumbersome seeing that we already are using ThinkGeo as the ONLY GIS solution to our systems here.

Is there a specific reason your development team has not yet considered implementing step by step voice navigation with the ThinkGeo routing extension? I just want to know so that I have an idea of how complex it will be for us to write something to support this....

Many thanks

Regards,

Nathanael

Hi, Christian
I’m sorry to tell you that the voice activated turn-by-turn direction is not on the list of goal this year. If you’re in urgent need of it, I am afraid you need to try the alternative solution. Personally, I suggest you try the first solution you mentioned, since all the raw data is already available, and it doesn’t seem to be a difficult task if the hardware platform supports .Net framework. 
Hope you will make it.
Thanks.
James