ThinkGeo.com    |     Documentation    |     Premium Support

VS2010 Design view

Hi,

Im using VS2010 Beta 2. When i created a Silverlight 3 project, in the MainPage.xaml, the map doesnt display in Design View. It says:

InvalidOperationException was thrown on "Map1": Cannot create an instance of "Map"....

when i dig deeper, the error says "The DOM/scripting bridge is disabled."

i tried putting this line in SilverlightApplication1TestPage.html but it doesnt work:

<param name="enablehtmlaccess" value="true" />

is there a way that Silverlight Edition can display properly in Design view of VS2010?

Ric, 

Sorry for the inconvenient; we need sometime to prepare for the environment first. On the other hand, the map cannot display the overlays in the design view technically; because the DOM tree is not added at the initialize step in the Silverlight control’s life circle. But I think we can make it displays as a Canvas first when we have the environment ready. 

Thanks for telling us this bug and we’ll let you know when we have an update. 

Thanks, 
 Howard

Following VS2010 question - do you have an estimation of the release of Map Suite Silverlight version which would be compatible with Silverlight 4?

And even more important - currently, when I try to create a Silverlight project and reference some Map Suite dlls, for example SilverlightMapSuiteCore, I get the following warning "Warning    1    The referenced component 'SilverlightMapSuiteCore' could not be found.     ".

Naturally, since the dll "could not be found.", I cannot use any of the Map Suite classes. 

What should I do for this reference to work?

Maxim, 

Silverlight 4 is in beta now; we would have it compatible when it’s final released. We’ll do some research on the issue you posted; we’ll let you know when we have an update. 

Sorry for the inconvenience. Please let us know if you needs more queries. 
 Howard

Hi Howard, 
 Thanks, I will be looking forward to get an update. Our development team is starting to work in VS2010, so I must progress with the GIS features there. 

(I have tried to build the Silverlight 3 project there also, but with no success. Strange…) 

Maxim

Maxim, 

It’s weird that you failed to build the project in Silverlight 3. So could you please provide us some code so that we can check the issue for you. Maybe it’ll fix the issue in Silverlight 4 as well. 

Thanks, 
 Howard

Howard, 
 There is no code, really. Just creating the new Silverlight project and trying to add SilverlightMapSuiteCore.dll to project references. Right away it appears with the "!" sign - a warning telling that the dll could not be found. 
 So if you try to do it, I am sure you will see the same. 

Maxim

Maxim, 

Do you mean the issue can be recreate in Silverlight 3 or 4? Our Silverlight is compatible with Silverlight 3; if it doesn’t work on your end in Silverlight 3; there may be some issue when you reference the Dlls. Could you confirm with me the information I mentioned above and provide me more detail on how to recreate your issue; because to reference a Dll is the first step to use our map control. 

Sorry for the inconvenience and looking forward your feedback. 

Thanks, 
 Howard

That's exactly my point. In VS2010 nether Silverlight 3.0 nor 4.0 work with Map Suite. When I try to reference Map Suite's dlls from the project, they couldn't be added.

Maxim, 

I see, so please be patient; we’ll check it after our higher priority tasks finished. Sorry for the inconvenience. 

Thanks, 
 Howard