We are using a WFS service that can sometimes become unresponsive, but when it works is really great. We have a "Plan B" option for those times when the service fails. However, it takes two minutes to fail. Is there any kind of a TimeOut property? Or is there any method which we can execute to Cancel a pending request if we fire a background timer? We would like to timeout at 15 to 30 seconds.
I think we can do something like that. I like the idea of a timeout as we can pass that along to the underlying connection method I think. For the cancel I think that is a bit more complex. Let’s try the easy one first and see what you think.
Thanks. I would certainly prefer a TimeOut as well. Cancel is nice if a user wants to abort the process, but not as easy to implement programmatically.
Your suggestion is good, we have added a new Property called TimeoutInSecond. I will test the new DLL which will be generated by daily build system tommorrow, and then I will provide a temporary package to you.