ThinkGeo.com    |     Documentation    |     Premium Support

Where is System.Runtime.Versioning namespace?

I am testing the Silverlight Edition.  I have downloaded the Getting Started stuff, and I have installed the components that it said I needed to install.    When I try to build HelloWorld, I get one error:

Error 1 The "ValidateXaml" task failed unexpectedly.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'System.Runtime.Versioning.TargetFrameworkAttribute' from assembly 'mscorlib, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089'.

at System.ModuleHandle.ResolveType(Int32 typeToken, RuntimeTypeHandle* typeInstArgs, Int32 typeInstCount...

I"m running VS2008 SP1.   I loaded the Silverlight 3.0 sdk (I think... whatever was on your getting started link).

Can you suggest what I might need to install?

Do I need to suck it up and upgrade to VS2010, and Silverlight 4.0 in order to have a fair evaluation?

Actually, I’m wondering if the issue is that my mscorlib is 2.0.5.0, instead of 2.0.0.0.    What do I have that might be old that is trying to load an older version of mscorlib?

Ted, 

Sorry for inconvenience. I think you have to upgrade to VS2010 and Silverlight 4.0, if you want to running at VS2008 and Silverlight 3.0, you need to request the old version of MapSuite SilverlightEdition by contacting with support@thinkgeo.com 

Thanks, 
 James