ThinkGeo.com    |     Documentation    |     Premium Support

WMS bbox parameter values are incompatible

When using the WmsOverlay class, it is creating the bbox values as such:  BBOX=-7432287.3195647,68224.3631591229,-4932116.7586568,2568394.92406702

The service I'm calling expects the values in this format: &bbox=-81.102,28.95,-81.041,29.01

Do I need to handle this in the GetTileUri method or is there a property I can set to account for this?

Thanks

OK, I went ahead and added a routine to the CustomWmsOverlay class which divides each BBOX value by 100000.  So that is working now, but the control is still throwing a script error.

When I copy the output from the debug window and paste it into Chrome, it brings back an image successfully.  I'm at a loss.  

Is there a way to see what the actual error is from the WMS service? 

If you need the specific WMS url, email me at jking@spatialenergy.com.  It has a connectid in the url that is unique to our organization.  

Hi Josh, 

From the first post, it seems that the unit of BBOX generated by WmsOverlay is meter. You can set the MapUnit of Map control to GeographyUnit.DecimalDegree and the unit parameter of tile requests will be in latitude and longitude. 

If the 2nd issue still exists, please send the specific WMS url to forumsupport@thinkgeo.com and ask to forward to James. 

Further questions please let me know. 

Thanks. 

James.

Josh,

I found the problem is caused by you’re trying to connect to WMS Service hosted on a web server accept HTTPS requests. That’s why you got the 4001 error in your Silverlight application while the URL seems to be working in the web browser.
To confirm that, you just need to create a simple Silverlight project with only one Image on the page, and set the ImageSource with the tile request URL for the WMS service.
In fact, there seems to be a problem with the cross-domain / cross-scheme security restrictions in Silverlight.
This article on MSDN may be a good place to start, and you can have a look at it:
msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc189008(VS.95).aspx
You can access resources with a cross-scheme URL (allowed between HTTP and HTTPS) on Silverlight, but you need to explicitly enable this with a security policy file. See Network Security Access Restrictions in Silverlight topic for more information.
Further questions please let me know.
Thanks.
James

Thanks for uncovering the issue.  I’ll work with DG to get the clientaccesspolicy in place.

Josh, you’re welcome. Feel free to let us know if you have more questions.