ThinkGeo.com    |     Documentation    |     Premium Support

WMS edition with OpenLayers as client

Hi,

I have thinkgeo wms edition which acts as my server. and I have a client component which is using OpenLayer3. 

The recent versions of OpenLayers 3 is not rendering the map. (from v3.6.0 onwards). Can I  know if  there is any limitation from thinkgeo wms with latest openLayers 3 library.  

thank you

Hi Herle,

There is no limitation in ThinkGeo wms, once we deploy the wms service, the wms service would follow the wm standard. Actually, we are using the Openlayer 3 and our wms service in our WebAPI samples, here are some codes snippets, it works fine in our end:

// Added WorldMapKit Online as the background map.
        var worldmapkitlayer = new ol.layer.Tile({
            source: new ol.source.TileWMS(({
                urls: [’<a href=“worldmapkit1.thinkgeo.com/CachedWMSServer/WmsServer.axd”>worldmapkit1.thinkgeo.com/Ca...Server.axd</a>’,
                    ‘<a href=“worldmapkit2.thinkgeo.com/CachedWMSServer/WmsServer.axd”>worldmapkit2.thinkgeo.com/Ca...Server.axd</a>’,
                    ‘<a href=“worldmapkit3.thinkgeo.com/CachedWMSServer/WmsServer.axd”>worldmapkit3.thinkgeo.com/Ca...Server.axd</a>’,
                    ‘<a href=“worldmapkit4.thinkgeo.com/CachedWMSServer/WmsServer.axd”>worldmapkit4.thinkgeo.com/Ca...Server.axd</a>’,
                    ‘<a href=“worldmapkit5.thinkgeo.com/CachedWMSServer/WmsServer.axd”>worldmapkit5.thinkgeo.com/Ca...Server.axd</a>’,
                    ‘<a href=“worldmapkit6.thinkgeo.com/CachedWMSServer/WmsServer.axd”>worldmapkit6.thinkgeo.com/Ca...Server.axd</a>’],
                params:
                    {
                        ‘LAYERS’: ‘OSMWorldMapKitLayer’,
                        ‘VERSION’: ‘1.1.1’
                    },
                attributions: [new ol.Attribution({
                    html: ‘<a href="<a href=“thinkgeo.com/map-suite-developer-gis/world-map-kit-sdk/">thinkgeo.com/map-suite-devel...p-kit-sdk/</a>">ThinkGeo</a> | © <a href=”<a href=“osm.org/copyright">osm.org/copyright</a>">OpenStreetMap</a> contributors <a href=”<a href="openstreetmap.org/copyright">openstreetmap.org/copyright</a>">ODbL</a>’
                })]
            }))
        });
        map.addLayer(worldmapkitlayer);

Any questions, please feel free to let us know.

Thanks,

Troy

Hello Troy,

Thanks for the support. May i know which version of the OpenLayers 3 is used in the snippet?

Thanks 

Hi Herle,

Our WebAPIs sample is still using 3.0.0.0, but I also try the latest version OL 3.10.1 and it also works fine with this snippet. Would you please let us know more details on your issue? 

Thanks,

Troy