ThinkGeo.com    |     Documentation    |     Premium Support

WMS server running side by side

Hello ThinkGeo,

Currently, on Production Windows IIS Server, we are running 4.5 WMS Server, and we are planned to upgrade to WMS 5.5 version.

My question: Can we run 4.5 and 5.5 side by side concurrently???

If so, What would be the steps??Extract 5.5 set up on the windows machine, continue installing  and enter the license key right???after that do we need to restart the windows machine???

Srikanth, 

First, uninstall WmsServerEdition 4.5, and then install WmsServerEdition 5.5 with the same license key, it should be working. 
 If you have trouble please contact with support@thinkgeo.com 

Thanks, 
 James

James,

Thanks.Appreicate for your reply.

So, what  you are saying is..... its impossible  to run both concurrently. We cannot afford to uninstall and install them on production servers, because most of our customers they expect to have no downtime and too risky to do that.

Another question:

So can we  install WMS 5.5 on a different windows server with the same key what we have???Can we??

Hi Srikanth, 

I see your problem, but one key can only work for one installation at the same time.  

I think you can contact with support@thinkgeo.com or call us for discuss a solution about this. 

Regards, 

Don

Hi Srikanth,  

In fact you should can use the dlls of new version to replace the orginal ones, but I don’t have an envrionment for test WmsServerEdition here, so I suggest you did some backup and quickly test for that if possible. 

This is just a unofficial suggestion. 

Regards, 

Don