ThinkGeo.com    |     Documentation    |     Premium Support

WMS Server using Production Build dll Question

Hi ThinkGeo,

I installed WMS Server Production Build 4.0.40 (09/08) on the development machine and it worked fine on local sever. However when it is deployed on Productiuon server it does not work. Is there limitation on Production server vs Development machine.

Regards,

Anil

Hi Anil,
Can you let us know the detail about the error you encountered? Additionally, deploying the Wms Server Full Edition requires another license “Deployment License”, can you check if it’s available on your production server?  More about this license, please contact support@thinkgeo.com .
Thanks,
Johnny

No error as far I know of. We were getting pink tiles.

We are using "Production" deployment license.

Will get back once I have more info.

Regards

Anil

Anil,

Can you get the latest version of WMS Server Edition, 4.0.145.0 or higher. And then follow the steps below to capture the error:
1.       Deploy the WMS Server following the steps you did before.
2.       Visit server layers, and get the pink tiles.
3.       Right-click on the pink tile to display right-click menu, and then click “Properties” item.
4.       Copy the “Address(URL)” to browser URL textbox to request image. If all works fine, the image of the tile will display, otherwise, it will throw the exception in XML format. Please send it to us.
Additionally, can you let us know some configuration of your production server and IIS? Such as Server2 008 x64, IIS7.5, “Default App Pool” etc.
Thanks,
Johnny

Hi Johnny, 

This is exception thrown in XM Format. How to turn on the WMS Server traces? 

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no" ?>  

- <ServiceExceptionReport version="1.1.1">  
 <ServiceException>WMS Server Exception See Server Trace.</ServiceException>  
 </ServiceExceptionReport> 

Regards, 
 Anil 
 [

Hi Johnny, 

Here is the exception thrown in xml format. 

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no" ?> 
<!DOCTYPE ServiceExceptionReport (View Source for full doctype…)> 
- <ServiceExceptionReport version="1.1.1"> 
<ServiceException>WMS Server Exception See Server Trace.</ServiceException> 
</ServiceExceptionReport>

Regards, 
 Anil

Server configuration: 
 Windows Server Enterprise Service Pack 1  
 Copyright 2007  
 RAM 8.0 G 
 64 bit 
 Processor: Xeon ® CPU E5345 @ 2.33 G 

IIS Configuration  
  V7.0  
  Default POOL(Pipe Line):  Integrated Mode.

Hi Anil,

Have you updated the DLLs to latest version , 4.0.145.0 or higher, it seems that you are still using the old version, because the latest DLL will give the detail of Exception except the message “WMS Server Exception See Server Trace.”. Anyway, you can get the trace using the free debug tool “DebugView” downloaded at technet.microsoft.com/en-us/...96647.aspx .

Just from the server configuration, I don’t there is any problems. Can you send a demo which runs into error on your production server to us? And then we will prepare a similar server for test. Can you check whether the installation samples run into error on your production server and let us know the result?
Additionally, can you check there is any special permission required? Maybe we can try “Everyone” for test.
Thanks,
Johnny

Hi Johnny,

I think the problem is in the Admin Previewer App (the one included in the samples-WMSPluginServive) page. I list the problems as follows:

1) (Using Daily build/Production build dll) on the Production server,  As started above pink tiles  that show up in the admin preview app when using Daily (latest) build dll. However I am able to access the maps (from Production Server) from my regular web Apps or WPF client app with no problem

2) If there are two Plugin dll (one taken from samples and one my own dll let' say MyDdll), then on start of WMS server-Check Admin Preview app, I see Plugins from each dll. However on refresh, plugins from samples appear under both dlls as shown under.

On Start:

MyDll ========

My Plugin1

My Plugin2

Sample DLL ==========

Sample Plugin 1

Sample Plugin 2

Sample Plugin 3 ...

On Refresh:

MyDll ========

Sample Plugin 1 

Sample Plugin 2

Sample Plugin 3

Sample DLL ==========

Sample Plugin 1

Sample Plugin 2

Sample Plugin 3

Regards,

Anil

Hi Johny, 

The problem #2 as stated in my earlier email is reproduceable even when using (Beta) release dll. 

Regards, 
 Anil

Hi Johny,  

I have the 2 snapshots (for Problem #2) to Support. 

Regards,  
 Anil

Anil,

I think the first issue comes from permission, can you have a check, such as firewall settings etc.
I’m sorry that I didn’t get your snapshots, but from your description, I can guess what happened, can you let us know the detail about refresh from “Admin review app”, maybe a demo code will be helpful.
Thanks and hope your further information.

Johnny

Hi Johnny,

Admin preview app is the one that is included in the WMS Server sample. "Refresh" means to reload data again in the preview viewer or if in Internet explorer, click View->Refresh or F5 key.

Regards,

Anil

Anil,

I have got your pictures, but I need to say this is very strangle, all the items list in the admin pages are reflected from the DLL, so it’s hard to imagine this happened,  I can guess the plugins are refreshed and the DLLs are rebuilt during your refresh. Can you use the Reflector to check whether these DLLs are rebuilt?
Thanks,
Johnny

Hi Johnny,

Please find the attached folder containing VS project for  MyPlugin dll and include in the WMS (Web edition sample) under the folder "CSharp sample" and include the project "MyPlugin" in the solution. Build the projects.

Run the WMS server under VS web server.  Check the a "Admin Preview browser". First time list of plugins okay. On refresh plugins are repeated from WMSPlugin and not from MyPlugin.

Regards,

Anil

MyPlugin.zip (26.8 KB)

Hi Anil, 

Thanks for submiting the error. We have recreated it, which is caused by the "WmsPlugins" property in Default.aspx. We are gonna update it and let you the the result ASAP. 

Thanks again. 

Johnny

Anil,

Sorry for the delay. We have fixed the issue now. Please extract the attachment and replace the “Default.aspx” pages in “WmsPluginService” project with them, after that rebuild and I’m sure all works fine now.
Thanks,
Johnny  

WmsPluginService.zip (5.2 KB)

Hi Johnny, 
 The updated pages works great. I tested on my dev WMS server. We will test on the production server next week. Thanks. 
 Regards, 
 Anil

Hi, Anil 

Thanks for your feedback.  
 Please let us know if you have issues then. 

Thanks, 

Khalil

Hi, Anil 

Thanks for your feedback.  
 Please let us know if you have issues then. 

Thanks, 

Khalil