ThinkGeo.com    |     Documentation    |     Premium Support

WMS using world map kit to generate ESPG:900913 maps

Hi Thinkgeo,

What is the best way to generate map from WorldMap kit data in ESPG:900913 projection rather than the default ESPG:4326?

I tried using the following in the WorldMapKitRenderLayer Loadlayer() method but not much success

Proj4Projection proj4Projection = new Proj4Projection();
 proj4Projection.InternalProjectionParametersString = ProjProjection.GetEpsgParametersString(4326);

proj4Projection.ExternalProjectionParametersString = 
Proj4Projection.GetEpsgParametersString(900913);

foreach (FeatureLayer layer in staticLayers)
              {
                layer.FeatureSource.Projection = proj4Projection;
              }

foreach (FeatureLayer layer in dynamicLayers)
              {
                layer.FeatureSource.Projection = proj4Projection;
              }

Regards,

Anil

Hi, Anil

Sorry for delay response. We were busy with the stuff about new release for our products.

I think that your codes have some problems. Please refer to the codes below:

Projection googleProjection = new ManagedProj4Projection(ManagedProj4Projection.GetEpsgParameters(4326), ManagedProj4Projection.GetGoogleMapParameters());

In fact, for our World Map Kit online service, and we have two sets of data, one is for EPSG:4326 and another one is for EPSG:900913.

I suggest that you can reproject the EPSG:4326 data into another projection through the API SaveToProjection of ShapeFileFeatureSource, and it could reduce the time for reprojection in the run time.

Please let us know if you still have any problems.

Thanks,

Khalil

HI Khalil,

Thanks a lot. I am able to generate projected data in ESPG900913 with API sent for all the shp files and inital tests are ok. I have follow up questions.

1)  Do you need to modify any Label layer(s) styles for your data ?

2) It takes about 20hour to generate projected data on  my machine. Is it normal?

Regards,

Anil

Hi, Anil 

Here are the answers for your questions: 

1)  No, you don’t need to modify styles for the label layers; if you want to get the updated WorldMapKitRenderLayer, and please contact ThinkGeo sales. 
 2) In fact, we had used four machines to generate the projected data about 12 hours, and I think it’s normal for taking 20 hours or more to generate it. 

Thanks, 

Khalil