ThinkGeo.com    |     Documentation    |     Premium Support

Wms

WmsOverlay sends requests like the following to the WMS-server:

SERVICE=WMS&VERSION=1.1.1&REQUEST=GetMap&STYLES=&EXCEPTIONS=application/vnd.ogc.se_inimage&FORMAT=image/jpeg&.....

.... &UNIT=Meter&SCALE=577792.022145319

I would like to change the FORMAT of images from JPEG (the default) to PNG, is there a way to change the image format ? 

I also would like to remove UNIT and SCALE from requests.

Using the Parameters collection I can add keys/values to requests but I can not change (override) default value.

Thank You in advance

Hi Enrico,

To change the image format, you can simply use the ‘Parameters’ property of WmsOverlay like this:

wmsOverlay.Parameters.Add("FORMAT", "image/png");

And I think you should overwrite the GetTileUri method of the WmsOverlay to remove the Unit and Scale parameters from the requests, just call the base method and get rid of the last two parameters from the return string.
Hope this helps.
Any more questions please let me know.
Thanks,
Sun

Sun,

I can not check you answer because MapSuite avaluation period is expired, anyway before submit  you the question I rember doing so the WMS request look like the following:

SERVICE=WMS& .... &FORMAT=image/png& ..... &FORMAT=image/jpeg& .....&UNIT=...&SCALE=...

note we have two FORMAT specifications, Parameters.Add("FORMAT=image/png") does not remove the default specification and the default specification is the latest.

I hope to be right.

Thank you.

I remember that the two FORMAT parameters is an issue in some old version of Silverlight Edition, and it has been fixed in the latest version. So could you please contact the support man to expend your evaluation period and have a test using the latest public release version (3.0.453). 

Any more questions please let me know. 

Thanks, 

Sun