ThinkGeo.comĀ Ā Ā Ā |Ā Ā Ā Ā  DocumentationĀ Ā Ā Ā |Ā Ā Ā Ā  Premium Support

WMTS-map not working

Hi,

We have a problem with a free WMTS-map that our customers are using. For some reason the map is not loaded. The problem started about two weeks ago. I tried if it works with earlier (ThinkGeo) versions, but the same problem persists with them. I think the issue is that the SendingWebRequest-event is not triggered. When it previously worked that event was continuously fired and the map data received. Do you know why this event is not triggered?

Here is a sample project that illustrates the problem. (Password: wmtsmap) WebService.OnSendingWebRequest is never hit and executed. This is a quite urgent problem for us since our customers use this mapā€¦ Thanks in advance.

Hey @Markus_Kemi,

I canā€™t run your application because it is looking for an xml file:

Can you provide this file?

Thanks,
Kyle

Hey Kyle!

Just create a folder ā€œC:\Muutaā€ and the error should dissapear. It creates the XML-file (temporarily) in that folder.

Hey @Markus_Kemi,

Alright, Iā€™m able to run the app now. Iā€™m looking into the issue now. Iā€™ll update you when I get some info.

Thanks,
Kyle

1 Like

Hey @Markus_Kemi,

Looks like there is an issue with the WmtsTiledOverlay class. Since this is an issue that is affecting your customers and you are in the beta branch, for now, I have a workaround that you can do.

1. Change the parent class of WmtsMML from WmtsTiledOverlay to WmtsLayer:
public sealed class WmtsMML : WmtsLayer
{
}
  1. Now that itā€™s a layer and not an overlay, create a LayerOverlay and add wmtsMML to the layers and add the overlay to the map in the wpfMap_Loaded event:
var _layerOverlay = new LayerOverlay();
_layerOverlay.Layers.Add(wmtsMML);
wpfMap.Overlays.Add(_layerOverlay);

This allows me to see the map again and also see the events fire. Iā€™ll continue to work in the background to fix the WmtsTiledOverlay class in the meantime.

Thanks,
Kyle

Hey Kyle!

Thanks for the advice. The workaround does the trick, but it would require some structural changes in our software. How long time do you estimate it will take to get this fixed in WmtsTiledOverlay?

Br,

Markus

Hey @Markus_Kemi,

Iā€™m looking into the issue further. Iā€™ll let you know when I have updates for the fix. When it was working two weeks ago, were you on a different version of the ThinkGeo.UI.Desktop nuget package? Would you be able to tell me which version you were on previously so I know how far back this started?

Thanks,
Kyle

Hi!

Two weeks ago I was using the same version of ThinkGeo.UI.Wpf and ThinkGeo.Core as today. I tried to downgrade to an older version (a lot older) of the nuget package but the problem persisted/persists. It might be caused by a change in the service providerā€™s map server (they have made some changes in the beginning of March), but probably it has then (if caused by the changesā€¦) revealed some problems/bugs in the WlmtsTiledOverlay-class. Unfortunately I can not pinpoint when or what has caused this problemā€¦

Hey @Markus_Kemi,

Okay that actually helps a lot. I was looking pretty far back and havenā€™t seen any substantial changes to that Overlay in a while. So, Iā€™m thinking that this is a case of the capabilities of this WMTS because I plugged in a different WMTS and everything worked just fine on my end. Iā€™ll have to see what is actually having issues and Iā€™ll get back to you ASAP.

Thanks,
Kyle

Hello!

I implemented the workaround to our software and it seems to work fine. But I am still waiting for a fix to the original problem.

Thanks,
Markus

Hey @Markus_Kemi,

Iā€™ve identified the issue and Iā€™m implementing a fix for this now. Iā€™ll let you know when the build is available on Nuget.

Thanks,
Kyle

Hey @Markus_Kemi,

Thereā€™s a new build out for you on Nuget:

ThinkGeo.UI.Wpf 13.0.0-beta411

I tested it on your demo app and it worked right out of the box. Let me know if it works for your main app. Make sure your other Thinkgeo packages are updated, just in case.

Thanks,
Kyle

Hey @Kyle_Day,

I tested the new build in our app and I was very pleased with the progress generally on many levels. But when it comes to the issue of this topic I think the workaround still works better. There are some smaller issues that still need to be resolved. The main issue (the map not being fetched at all) is clearly resolved. I will return more specifically to the minor issues that still need to be addressed in WmtsTiledOverlay.

Thanks,
Markus

Hey @Markus_Kemi,

Sounds good. Iā€™d like to know what issues you are experiencing so that we can resolve those issues for you and make that overlay perform better.

Thanks,
Kyle