ThinkGeo.com    |     Documentation    |     Premium Support

Working with Rasters using different projections

Hello,

How can I use Map Suite GIS Editor to add raster images with a different projection from my current map?

I have built a map with UTM zone coordinate system, includes various downloaded vector and raster layers.  I have downloaded a MRSID aerial photo that is projected with a State Plane coordinate system.  When I add this to my map it places it incorrectly, the x-y coordinates are still State Plane instead of being reprojected.  I tried to use the reprojection wizard tool but looks like it only works with shape files.

Hi Chris,

Could you make sure you are following the below steps to add the layers?

1. Add your UTM zone coordinate system layers like vector or raster layer into GisEditor.

2. Setting the projection as the map projection. I think you should look for your UTM zone coordinate system projection.

3. Add your Mrsid raster images to GisEditor, then the GisEditor will convert projection from the added layer to map projection automatically.

If you did do those, would you please let us know more details about your UTM zone coordinate system and MrSid projection? does those projection are used Nad Grid?

I think it is better if you can take a video or send us your data?

Thanks,

Troy