ThinkGeo.com    |     Documentation    |     Premium Support

World/Physical/Lake.shp

It looks like the World/Physical/Lake.shp shapefile is shifted to the East a bit worldwide.  It is especially clear if you look at the United States, though it shows up in Europe and Asia as well.

I made double sure to use a world file that is correct -- to the middle of the upper left pixel.  The MIDDLE of the pixel, not the upper left of the pixel.  You can also see it when compared to country border data in /World/Human/{cntry02, primaryborder,contestedborder}.

I thought you might like to know.

Is there an easy way to shift these without editing the file on the hard disk that I can do in code?

Brian,  

Thanks for the information. Could you provide a screenshot of this issue?

I could, but your own WorldMapKitDemo shows it in the CSDesktopEditionSample if you put your world.tif file in the background as a RasterLayer from your sample data directory.

However, a NASA Blue Marble next generation picture of the world in August is much better.

Please let me know if you still need the screenshot, since I'm sure you will want to duplicate the issue yourselves. *SMILE*

Brian, 

Thanks for your post. 

From ZoomLevel 1 to 6, it uses World/Physical/Lake.shp to display the lakes, but if you zoom in to zoomlevel 7, it will use World\Physical\innerwater.shp to display lakes, the lake.shp and innerwater.shp they are not matched, as you said, the lake.shp is shifted to the east a bit. The way you can correct your result is extract the area you want to display from innerwater.shp, if lake.shp is wrong, I think innerwater should be right. I am afraid there is no easy way to shift data without editing the file. Sorry for inconvenience. 

I think the mismatch of world.tif is another issue, it caused by the resolution of image is not high enough, so when you zoom in deep, it will enlarge the image and cause the a little mismatched. 

Please let me know if I can give you more help. 

Thanks 
 James