ThinkGeo.com    |     Documentation    |     Premium Support

WorldStreetsAndImageryOverlay equivalent in version 12

I’m working on switching to version 12 of the UI for Desktop (WPF) and things are working well except for the WorldStreetsAndImageryOverlay overlay. I haven’t found a replacement for that yet. There’s the ThinkGeoCloudRasterMapsOverlay, but we don’t have a license for that. Is there a new overlay that replaces WorldStreetsAndImageryOverlay or has it been deprecated? It works fine for us in version 10.

Thanks,
Neil

Thanks Neil,
We checked your account. You do have the license for the ThinkGeo Cloud Map which is the replacement for the mapsuite 10 WorldStreetsAndImageryOverlay. You should be able to use both WorldStreetsAndImageryOverlay in mapsuite10 and ThinkGeoCloudRasterMapsOverlay in mapsuite 12. Anyone with “Access to World Map Kit Online Service” also allow to the access the cloud map.

So what you need do is login to the https://cloud.thinkgeo.com with your existing account. and let us know after you login the portal(this will create a cloud account on our side). Then we could active the license for you. The you can generate the client id and client secret.

By the way you can also use ThinkGeoCloudVectorMapsOverlay which will be faster and looks better than the ThinkGeoCloudRasterMapsOverlay.

More cloud service you can access is here
https://cloud.thinkgeo.com/help

Thanks

Frank

Thanks for checking on that for me. I’ve logged into the cloud site with my account so hopefully that part’s ready to go. I’ll definitely check out the vector maps overlay once we’re up and running.

Neil

Thanks Neil,
Now. You can go clients page find your Client ID and Client Secret. You can create a new client if you want.

Here are more document about the cloud service

https://docs.thinkgeo.com/products/cloud-maps/v12.0/quickstart/

Thanks

Frank

Thanks for your help so far. We’re getting closer, but there seems to be a problem with our clientid. If I use the clientid and client secret from one of your sample projects I can see the map background, but if I use our id and secret I only see a white background when I use ThinkGeoCloudVectorMapsOverlay. If I use the raster map I get a background of pink boxes with red x’s in them. This is the main body of code I’m using:

map.MapUnit = GeographyUnit.Meter;
  map.ZoomLevelSet = new ThinkGeoCloudMapsZoomLevelSet();
  thinkGeoCloudMapsOverlay = new ThinkGeoCloudVectorMapsOverlay(clientId, clientSecret);
  thinkGeoCloudMapsOverlay.WrappingMode = WrappingMode.WrapDateline;
  thinkGeoCloudMapsOverlay.TileCache = new FileRasterTileCache("D:\\TempCache", "Default");
  thinkGeoCloudMapsOverlay.TileType = TileType.MultiTile;
  thinkGeoCloudMapsOverlay.MapType = ThinkGeoCloudVectorMapsMapType.Light;
  map.Overlays.Add(thinkGeoCloudMapsOverlay);
  map.CurrentExtent = new RectangleShape(-13086298.60, 7339062.72, -8111177.75, 2853137.62);
  map.Refresh();

Thanks,
Neil

Thanks Neil,
Could you double check the native client.

Make sure you have the Ip Address range “...” added.

Thanks

Frank

Here’s what I have set currently:

I changed the “Granted Roles” setting to “User” about 10 minutes ago, but otherwise it’s the same as it has been. Would the Granted Roles setting have anything to do with what I’m seeing? I’m still getting the blank background, but the dialog does state that it may take a few minutes for the settings to take effect.

I just tried running the app again and I still see the white background. I also just checked the “Transactions” tab in the Cloud management area and it says that there’s no recent activity from my clients. I assume there should be some requests in there from the time or two I’ve run my app?

Thanks Neil,
I added the “Subscriber” to the “Granted Roles” setting. And did some test with your api and secret. It works good for both Raster and Vector overlay. Could you try again?

Thanks

Frank

That did the trick and it’s working great now. Thanks for all your help!

Thanks Neil,
Good to know it works. Go ahead let us know if you have questions.

Thanks

Frank

I do have another question, this one’s about WorldStreetsLayer. We used to have code that created a WorldStreetsLayer layer, then added that layer to a LayerOverlay and then the LayerOverlay was added to the Overlays collection on the map control (WPF). Now if I compile with version 12 I get this error:

“The type ‘Layer’ is defined in an assembly that is not referenced. You must add a reference to assembly ‘ThinkGeo.MapSuite, Version=10.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=0828af5241fb4207’.”

Is there a good way to use the WorldStreetsLayer layer in version 12? We had been using to view the base map in sqlite or extracted portions of that map.

Thanks Neil,
Mapsuite 12 can not use the object in the mapsuite 10. But you could use
ThinkGeoCloudRasterMapsLayer or ThinkGeoCloudVectorMapsLayer. This way you don’t have to use the ThinkGeoCloudRasterMapsOverlay or ThinkGeoCloudVectorMapsOverlay.

Thanks

Frank

Is there any way to view a local copy of the ThinkGeo maps? We’ve been using a sqlite database named WorldMapKit-4326-20170528-1229552841.sqlite that we downloaded from ThinkGeo a few years ago. It’s about 177 GB in size. It sound like the only way to view ThinkGeo maps now is to use the online options (ThinkGeoCloudRasterMapsLayer or ThinkGeoCloudVectorMapsLayer). Is that correct?

Thanks,
Neil

Thanks Neil,
We do have the offline data for the V12 like the WorldMapKit-4326-20170528-1229552841.sqlite. You could use
ThinkGeoMBTilesOverlay or ThinkGeoMBTilesLayer to load it. The data is available for World Map Kit SDK customer. We are uploading the latest data. I will send you download link by email.

Thanks

Frank

Thanks Neil,
I have sent the download link to you by the email(neil****@dnv***.com). Go ahead let us know if you have any questions.

Thanks

Frank

Thanks for sending the link. I downloaded the file and it looks like it all came through (about 73 GB in size), but I only see a white background when I load it. Here’s the code that I’m using:

wpfMap.MapUnit = GeographyUnit.Meter;
        ThinkGeoMBTilesOverlay overlay = new ThinkGeoMBTilesOverlay("D:\\ThinkGeo\\worldstreets202103.mbtiles");
        wpfMap.Overlays.Add(overlay);
        wpfMap.CurrentExtent = new RectangleShape(-12922411.9716445, 8734539.23446158, -8568181.07911278, 687275.650686126);

If I run this same code with the ThinkGeoCloudVectorMapsOverlay the map comes up fine. Am I missing something in there?

Thanks,
Neil

Thanks Neil,
Looks like the built-in style out of date. You can try with
ThinkGeoMBTilesOverlay overlay = new ThinkGeoMBTilesOverlay("D:\\ThinkGeo\\worldstreets202103.mbtiles", new Uri("https://cdn.thinkgeo.com/worldstreets-styles/latest/light.json"));

You can find all styles here

If you want it work offline. You could download the style json file from the cdn and store to your local disk. Then use something like this
ThinkGeoMBTilesOverlay overlay = new ThinkGeoMBTilesOverlay(@"C:\Users\FrankFu\Downloads\worldstreets202103.mbtiles", new Uri(@"C:\Users\FrankFu\Downloads\light.json"));

We will update the built-in style in next release.

Thanks

Frank

That looks great over here, Frank. Thanks for your help. One more question, hopefully the last: Is there a way to pull out specific areas of the map from the large .mbtiles file? In the past we could create maps for smaller areas of the world and the files were smaller as well.

Thanks Neil,
You can use this one to extract what you need.

Go head let us know if you have any question.

Thanks

Frank