ThinkGeo.com    |     Documentation    |     Premium Support

Xamarin Forms Tab files issue

I have a set of 4 tabs and maps. 1 of them draws perfectly. 2 of them do not draw at all (but no error is given). The last one (which is all text) show the following error on every tile on the map:

Tab File Cannot be processed due to 1S4= Format is not supported.

Can anyone advise a way to proceed? Thanks!

Hi Adam,

It looks the exception means the data source of your 3rd map cannot be supported, and it should be a TAB file.

1. Does your 4 maps use the same data and render the same logic? If you use the same data, maybe they get conflict when try to access the same data.

2. If your map render different data source, have you tried to only render the 3rd map and see whether it still render the same error?

Regards,

Ethan

Hi Ethan

I have tried each of the 4 maps individually. Each of them is a set of files (IND, ID, DAT, TAB, MAP). I have an existing desktop application that uses MapXtreme, and all the maps work fine with that, I just can’t get 3 of them working in ThinkGeo.

Hi Adam,

Just like you said, the Xamarin forms is a little special, desktop application should works better.

I am not sure whether you use the custom tab control or 3rd part control, for save the communication time, could you please upload a sample with your code? You can quickly build a sample follow this:http://wiki.thinkgeo.com/wiki/map_suite_project_template_guide

Regards,

Ethan

Hi Ethan

Unfortunately, the maps I have are under license, so I can’t share them. My code is pretty much the same as in examples.

Do you have any other suggestions for what might help?

Thanks!
Adam

Hi Adam,

We created one sample and with test data, it works fine.

part1.zip (1.8 MB)

part2.zip (1.6 MB)

If you found you can reproduce it by your data or custom code please modify our sample and let us know.

Regards,

Ethan

Hi Adam,

Our developer enhancement for the tab file, but we don’t sure whether it can solve your problem, please download the versions from product center to get the enhancement.

9.0.1053.0 or 9.0.0.1054.

Any question please let us know.

Regards,

Ethan

HI Ethan

I am using Xamarin Forms, which I see hasn’t been updated for v9 since 06/2015 for production and 05/2017 for development.

The issue seems to be with an unsupported format for 1 layer of my map. On the drawn map, I see the following error:

Tab File Cannot be processed due to 1S4= Format is not supported.

Does this help?

Thanks!
Adam

Hi Ethan

I have updated the references in my project. I no longer get an issue about format not supported, but I do now see:

Read and write not equal!

Can you help?
Tanks
Adam

Hi Adam,

Our developer research your exception, that should because the index file hadn’t get rebuild after you upgrade your package.

Because the enhancement package support more data, so rebuild the index file can solve it.

TabFeatureSource.BuildIndexFile(“xxx.tab”, BuildIndexMode.Rebuild);

Regards,

Ethan