ThinkGeo.com    |     Documentation    |     Premium Support

Zooming distorts image

Hi,

I have encountered a visual problem with Thinkgeo Silverlight version 4.5.0 and Zooming the image while using Shape Files.

The changelog for Thinkgeo Silverlight mentions that this problem is fixed in version 4.0.0

The property 'IsStretchEffectDisabled' (talked about in post gis.thinkgeo.com/Support/Dis...fault.aspx ) produces undesirable results as the screen blanks for a period of time, confusing the user.

Before :

After :

Any chance this will be fixed in the next release?

Damian

Hi Damian, 

Currently we can’t reproduce this issue, could you please use the latest build version (V4.5.183.0) to have another try. We’ll keep tracking it, please keep an eye on this thread. 

Regards, 

Ivan

Ivan, 

No luck with the 4.5.184 build.  The following information may assist. 

1.  The word ‘Main South Road’ is not sitting on a GIS shape.  The grey boxes on the top left and bottom right are shapes, but there is no White shape inbetween, just empty space. 

2.  When I Pan, even just a tiny little bit, the ghosting / distortion clears and the road name displays as expected.  This display issue is specific to zooming. 

Let me know how you go recreating it. 

Damian

Damian, 

Thank you for your feedback and detailed description, now we can reproduce your issue, there must be some breaking changes and we’ll keep tracking it, will let you know if we have any progress. 

Regards, 

Ivan

Hi, 
 I was wondering what the status on this issue is?  I’m demoing the latest build (as of today) and still get the ghosting.  We used to have a similar issue in the WPF version, but that got resolved.  

Thanks, 
 .Ryan.

Hi Ryan, 

I tested in our HowDoISample to set serverLayerOverlay.IsStretchEffectDisabled = false; 

But haven’t reproduce that, my dll version is 5.0.0.55 

Whether I run incorrect way for test? How did you test that?  

Regards, 

Don