ThinkGeo.com    |     Documentation    |     Premium Support

Line layer does not appear to draw correctly in MapPrinterLayer

Hello,

Using the latest MapSuite 10 for WinForms.

Recently we have noticed some strange behavior with the MapPrinterLayer. When we switch from the main map (displayed in WinFormsMap) to what we call the page layout view (in a separate WinFormsMap, but in a MapPrinterlayer) line features do not correctly align with point and polygon features. This is happening when all of the layers are in the same projection (NAD 83 UTM Zone 16). Switching to a different projection sometimes improves the drawing and sometimes not. Here is a screenshot:

Notice that the long line on the left is very close to the corner of the polygon. On the right it is positioned to the left of where it should be. The points placed at corners of the polygon appear to be correctly positioned. There are actually two polygon shapes in different projections and they also stay correctly aligned with one another.

I have included a sample project to help identify the problem.

Thanks! Steve

PageLayoutControl.zip (1.9 MB)

Hey @Steven1,

Thank you for the provided sample. I was able to recreate the printing issue that you described. I’m looking into what might be happening now.

Thanks,
Kyle

Hey @Steven1,

Just an update: I think I’ve narrowed down where the issue is. I’m implementing a fix and running some tests on it internally. A fix should be available soon, I’ll post here when it’s on Nuget.

Thanks,
Kyle

Hey @Steven1,

Can you update your Nuget packages to use the latest beta release? ThinkGeo.MapSuite.Printers 11.0.00-beta050 has the fix for the lines not projecting correctly:

Thanks,
Kyle

Hi Kyle,

Works fine in my test project. But we will need a production build to add to our application. Do you know when that will be available?

Thanks!

Steve

Hey @Steven1,

Good to know it works on your side too. I’m working on creating a build to production now. I’ll let you know when it’s available.

Thanks,
Kyle

Hey @Steven1,

ThinkGeo.MapSuite.Layers.Printers 10.6.13 should now be available for you.

Thanks,
Kyle

Kyle,

Thanks for all your help! Seems to be working well now.

Steve

Hey @Steven1,

Fantastic! You’re welcome!

Thanks,
Kyle