ThinkGeo.com    |     Documentation    |     Premium Support

Problem with text wrapping when printing to PDF

Hi,

I have been having a problem with the LabelPrinterLayer. When I set PrinterWrapMode = PrinterWrapMode.WrapText it does wrap the text but it always indents the first line, which I don’t want. So I created a CustomLabelPrinterLayer and wrote my own code to wrap the text. It works fine until I print to a PDF doc. When it prints to the PDF the word wrapping does not match what is on the screen. I have not yet tested on a ‘real’ printer. I have attached a sample project so you can see what I’m trying to do. You can test this in my sample by printing to Microsoft Print to PDF using the ‘Print’ button.

Thanks!

Steve
PageLayoutPrintTest.zip (372.7 KB)

hi @Steven1,

Thanks for your sample, I can easily reproduce your issue.

This is a bug, you don’t have to crate a CustomLabelPrinterLayer. I’ve fixed it in the latest beta version.
Could you upgrade your ThinkGeo.MapSuite.Layers.Printers to 11.0.0-beta055 and give it a try?

Thanks,
Leo

Hi Leo,

Works fine in the beta. Can you put this fix in a release version?

Thanks!

Steve

Hi,

Any word on when this fix will be in a release version? We are about to release a new version of our application and I would like to include this fix. Just checking.

Thanks!

Steve

hi, @Steven1,

ThinkGeo.MapSuite.Layers.Printers 10.6.17 is available now. Feel fee to give it a try.

thanks,
Leo

Hi Leo,

Thank-you!!

Steve

My pleasure. Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Leo